Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SystonFox

Preston Match Thread

FECK!!! Thats twice now that they've nicked a win against us! I'm starting to dislike Preston... :(

This was bound to happen at some point, so let's see how we cope against Cov... Speaking of which, why on earth are we already playing them on Monday???

FECK!!! Thats twice now that they've nicked a win against us! I'm starting to dislike Preston... :(

This was bound to happen at some point, so let's see how we cope against Cov... Speaking of which, why on earth are we already playing them on Monday???

...because it's Easter Monday and a bank holiday over here.

Just got back - pretty crap game tbh. O'Grady's flick near the end to set up a chance was worth the entrance fee alone though!

Fryatt's goal must be a record?

Quickest goal in Leicesters 122 year history :thumbup:

Just got back - pretty crap game tbh. O'Grady's flick near the end to set up a chance was worth the entrance fee alone though!

Fryatt's goal must be a record?

It is, says on the Os that it was the quickets goal in the club's 122 year history.

9 seconds :cool:

Disappointing match. The midfield just was not there today and we really missed McCarthy at the back.

Hendo was looking well dodgy today it worried me when he stopped kicking and ended up getting us into some sticky situations.

Big up to dermot today I think he was a decent to keep the game flowing.

Disappointing match. The midfield just was not there today and we really missed McCarthy at the back.

Hendo was looking well dodgy today it worried me when he stopped kicking and ended up getting us into some sticky situations.

yeah ref was good, particularly first half

EDIT: actually fock that he was crap and needs to learn to use a stopwatch.

I have to disagree with that, in as much as he should've had more trust in his defenders and midfield and thrown the ball out a lot more. It was only his hesitation in throwing that left us in a mess. Kicking the ball out for most of the time was a complete waste of time.

As for the ref he gave Preston far too much leeway with their timewasting, gamesmanship and general bullying tactics. 3 minutes was a disgrace, with Hume's injury, the substitutions and the several times he looked at his watch to indicate that he was aware of the time wasting and then did nothing to add it on. Total kop out in refereeing terms.

As for Billy Davies I used to admire his achievements but after today he joins my list of shit managers up there with Ian Holloway.

Yeh the Ref did well today shame he gave that Goal kick at the end when was a blatent corner, We seemed to let them back into the game as soon as we scored and didn't finish chances we should of but I'm still happy with the lads seeing as thats the first time we've lost at home under kelly and we've played some good teams along the way.

Bring on the Cov :scarf:

Yeh the Ref did well today shame he gave that Goal kick at the end when was a blatent corner, We seemed to let them back into the game as soon as we scored and didn't finish chances we should of but I'm still happy with the lads seeing as thats the first time we've lost at home under kelly and we've played some good teams along the way.

Bring on the Cov :scarf:

In the League yes, we lost to S'ampton in the Cup in his first game in charge

They battered us physically. It showed us that we need to but some more physically strong players (hughes????). Why we still play Hughes I will never know. He is honest but he just gets battered. They showed how to defend against hume you batter him. We need strong players, a target man. Alan lee at Cardiff i think it is or Ipswich would be a good one. Two wingers, a centre midfielder (Johnson at Brom) and an experienced holding player, Kavanagh might be good if Wigan don't wnat him anymore.

They battered us physically. It showed us that we need to but some more physically strong players (hughes????). Why we still play Hughes I will never know. He is honest but he just gets battered. They showed how to defend against hume you batter him. We need strong players, a target man. Alan lee at Cardiff i think it is or Ipswich would be a good one. Two wingers, a centre midfielder (Johnson at Brom) and an experienced holding player, Kavanagh might be good if Wigan don't wnat him anymore.

I agree, for 89:51 of today's match they had us sussed. Unfortunately I think Kelly was Tactically outwitted today and we really don't have any answers for teams who are very physical against us. I would have had O Grady on a lot earlier.

They also realised that Nils is a bit crap when he has the ball under pressure. couple of occasions today he played some garish balls back across the box when he should have just hoofed it down the line. THen when he did hoof it they were always aimless balls. Preston defended well, but if we had changed out tactics wecould have stood up to them a tad better than we did.

yeah totally agree they'd obviously done their homework on us and pretty much nulled us i thought we still played well but we lacked different options we didnt have a 2nd plan and we were caught out.

I swear Nils cannot kick the ball more than 20 yards! he always looks for a short pass even when under pressure. And I'm sure that Ormerod kicked someone - Joey or Maybury - when he got a yellow card :mad: should have been a red.

According to Sky:

Brett Ormerod was fortunate to escape a red card after a head-butt late on that left Joey Gudjonsson flattened

Archived