Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Hughes put off ankle op

From Skysports : http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=38...ut+off+ankle+op

Leicester City's Stephen Hughes had been putting off an ankle operation to make sure The Foxes retained their Championship status for next season.

Manager Rob Kelly admitted the seriousness of the Scot's injury, which has been a problem since his £1 million arrival from Rangers in January.

And Kelly described the depth of the injury problems in the squad.

"Stephen Hughes has put off an ankle operation," he confirmed. "And Rab Douglas has been carrying a shoulder injury.

"Everyone else is carrying bumps and bruises too.

"But we've got this fighting spirit in the dressing room, a real unity," he said.

The Walkers Stadium will see Championship football again next season, following Crewe Alexandra, Brighton & Hove Albion and Millwall's relegation from the league.

The Foxes are currently 17th in the table, on 51 points, and face Plymouth Argyle, at home, on Saturday.

i didn't know we paid a million for him...i had no idea he's playing injured

From Skysports : http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=38...ut+off+ankle+op

Leicester City's Stephen Hughes had been putting off an ankle operation to make sure The Foxes retained their Championship status for next season.

Manager Rob Kelly admitted the seriousness of the Scot's injury, which has been a problem since his £1 million arrival from Rangers in January.

And Kelly described the depth of the injury problems in the squad.

"Stephen Hughes has put off an ankle operation," he confirmed. "And Rab Douglas has been carrying a shoulder injury.

"Everyone else is carrying bumps and bruises too.

"But we've got this fighting spirit in the dressing room, a real unity," he said.

The Walkers Stadium will see Championship football again next season, following Crewe Alexandra, Brighton & Hove Albion and Millwall's relegation from the league.

The Foxes are currently 17th in the table, on 51 points, and face Plymouth Argyle, at home, on Saturday.

i didn't know we paid a million for him...i had no idea he's playing injured

This just shows the determination, belief and commitment in our squad.

I thought we paid 250k for him??

Now we're safe Hughesy can have his op and maybe one of the younger lads (Gradel :whistle: ) will be given a chance?

Yeah, we didn't pay a million for him. As Bertfox says, 250k sounds about right, or maybe 200k. I don't even think there were any add-on fees for appearances or anything...

If Hughes put off the operation to help save our season, he should surely go and get that operation as soon as he can now we're safe. He's not as vital to the squad as say Hume or McCarthy, so he won't be missed too much. And he's been kept out of the side with injury before when we needed him, so it'd be good to get him fixed up properly.

We paid £100,000 for him upfront with a further £100,000 being paid after either a number of appearances or if we get promoted.

I remember at the time Levein saying he couldn't believe he got him for just 100k upfront and that he would be sensational this season, let's hope it's his season next season. He looked the business when I saw him for Rangers, he definately has the talent.

Yeah, we didn't pay a million for him. As Bertfox says, 250k sounds about right, or maybe 200k. I don't even think there were any add-on fees for appearances or anything...

If Hughes put off the operation to help save our season, he should surely go and get that operation as soon as he can now we're safe. He's not as vital to the squad as say Hume or McCarthy, so he won't be missed too much. And he's been kept out of the side with injury before when we needed him, so it'd be good to get him fixed up properly.

If you read that article again it sounds like it's old news that's been re-published as perhaps news is slow this week. Hughes probably put the operation off about 3 months ago and now we're safe he'll no doubt arrange the operation as soon as possible.

Archived