Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Smoking kills..

I reckon I'll die of passive smoking!! :(, I'd rather die without smoke in my lungs to be honest, It's a horrible way to die, My old man's lungs are knackered, enough insentive for me to leave it alone. You seen that fatty arteries advert??........Yuck!

Apparently, every cigarette you smoke knocks 15 minutes off your life.

My mum who died last year smoked at least 20 a day for nearly 60 years.

thats 20 x 365 x 60 = 438,000 ciggies.

which equates to 438,000 x 15mins = 6,570,000 minutes lost

which equates to 6,570,000/60 = 109,500 hours lost

which equates to 109,500/24 = 4562 days lost

which equates to about 12.5 years off her life

Well, it would have been more of course because she'd have carried on smoking.

Mind you she was that unlucky, that if she had stopped early in her life she'd have probably used the money she saved to buy a season ticket at Bradford which might have taken 18 years off her life.

Lesser of two evils I suppose.

Apparently, every cigarette you smoke knocks 15 minutes off your life.

My mum who died last year smoked at least 20 a day for nearly 60 years.

thats 20 x 365 x 60 = 438,000 ciggies.

which equates to 438,000 x 15mins = 6,570,000 minutes lost

which equates to 6,570,000/60 = 109,500 hours lost

which equates to 109,500/24 = 4562 days lost

which equates to about 12.5 years off her life

Well, it would have been more of course because she'd have carried on smoking.

Mind you she was that unlucky, that if she had stopped early in her life she'd have probably used the money she saved to buy a season ticket at Bradford which might have taken 18 years off her life.

Lesser of two evils I suppose.

32452[/snapback]

Sorry to here about your mum mate!

Its true thro smoking isnt just bad it looks bad.

You see a really fit bird and then she pulls out a packet of 24 B and H from her clevage suddenly shes unattractive.

There is a pub here me and you have to wash your clothes after you have been in because its so smokey

This reminds me of Bill Hicks, when he's going on about smoking, and how non-smokers have nothing waiting for them, whereas smokers have the iron lung, oxgen tanks and everything.

"Here's a fact for you, drum roll.........................................NON SMOKERS DIE EVERYDAY, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Anyway, no cigarettes for two weeks now :)

Guest Daniel
This reminds me of Bill Hicks, when he's going on about smoking, and how non-smokers have nothing waiting for them, whereas smokers have the iron lung, oxgen tanks and everything.

"Here's a fact for you, drum roll.........................................NON SMOKERS DIE EVERYDAY, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

32471[/snapback]

Ive already said that or something along them lines further up. ;)

,Nov 2 2004, 03:59 AM]This reminds me of Bill Hicks, when he's going on about smoking, and how non-smokers have nothing waiting for them, whereas smokers have the iron lung, oxgen tanks and everything.

32471[/snapback]

Ive already said that or something along them lines further up. ;)

32479[/snapback]

Yeah, but I was just quoting the mighty Bill Hicks :)

It does put me off girls when they smoke as scarborough fox says, personally ive ryed it a few times but hate it so i wont smoke but my mum smoked form when she was about 17 till 36 but she stopped because she had a pain in her chest but it was only indegestion, but at the time she didnt realise that and shes gave up and not even touched a fag since and shes 40 now :) said she feels much better now.

Smoking will be banned in public places before long.

Any smokers who feel this is taking away their rights should consider the rights of non-smokers to breathe clean, smoke-free air.

Archived