Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Ade Boothroyd - Watford

After watching Watford's 2 play-off semi's - and reading of the quality of their football of late (not so, when I saw us beat them at Vicarage Road earlier in the season) I do believe Boothroyd has given us a 'route-map' for success next season. He took a young squad, made up mainly of players coming through the ranks and hardly spent any money (although he did pay us something for Jordan Stewart - so he's not entirely infallible !). Didn't RK once work at Watford ? Perhaps he should try to emulate them next season - he certainly is in a very similar 'mould' to Boothroyd - young ('ish), relatively unknown as a player (and a Coach /Manager, until getting his current job) and enjoys working with younger players - I think we could do it 'Watford's Way' ?

to be honest in the state of our financial situation i dont think were going to do any better than midtable again next season BUT when the players mature by 07/08 season we will be a force to be reconed with, i think the end of this season we have seen somthing of the future but i dont rate the midfield at all (even gudjonson) we have to find some bargains from somewhere.

i do think kelly is the man for the job and should be given at least two seaons so we can try and get some stability in the club.

yes i totaly agree with you all though saying that rob is hoping for top six next season and i think if him and the club want it that bad wots stopping him from getting it i mean look what he did with the time he's had allready, he only just missed out from the top half of the table so i think leicester will do realy well next season

Boothroyd has got character and new ideas and thats whats turned the club around, whilst playing attractive football. We're doing things the simple and sensible way, i feel that can only take you so far, and thats not out of the Championship in my opinion. I hope I'm wrong though. Sure that was needed to get us out of trouble, but I fear we'll go into next season the same way with no suprises up our sleaves and a makeshift midfield with the likes of Hughes and Tiatto out of position, if the end of season run in is anything to go by. We need a new midfield, can Rob Kelly sort it out and bring in the required players? I hope so but I'm having my doubts.

Boothroyd has got character and new ideas and thats whats turned the club around, whilst playing attractive football. We're doing things the simple and sensible way, i feel that can only take you so far, and thats not out of the Championship in my opinion. I hope I'm wrong though. Sure that was needed to get us out of trouble, but I fear we'll go into next season the same way with no suprises up our sleaves and a makeshift midfield with the likes of Hughes and Tiatto out of position, if the end of season run in is anything to go by. We need a new midfield, can Rob Kelly sort it out and bring in the required players? I hope so but I'm having my doubts.

There are definitely similarities between the two. Atb the start of the season though with the player Watford have they were tipped for a guaranteed bottom half finish but look at them? Everyone here is saying mid-table so hopefully it should be automatic promotion!

we can all hope for that as long as the players are wanting this automatic promotion but there are alot of harder clubs next season so lets not say that it will be easy for them because it wont be but i hope i am wrong

Archived