Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

More To Come!

I used the word "guardedly" without elaboration because I simply have the feeling that Kelly will be less inclined to use our young players than Levein was.

What happened at the end of the season is the only hard evidence I can cite and it is inconclusive.

I know Weso was not an option then of course, but Kelly had the perfect opportunity to blood others during that time but wasted the chance.

Odd things he's said since suggest he will always plumb for experience over youth - by his own admission he's a sensible, keep-it-simple sort of man who I believe inclines towards caution. I don't necessarily blame him for this but last season's was not the sort of football I am inclined to pay to watch.

Furthermore the sort of potential signings with which he's been associated have represented experienced steadiness rather than youthful excitement.

In all I think that the Kelly team mould will be one of workmanlike reliabity and consequently Kelly will never consider the younger players to be quite as reliable as his experienced, newly signed options especially when the younger player has broken a leg twice.

The potential signings associated with him during the close season have also suggested this and I cannot see that any manager will make new signings who he doesn't see as first choices. To reiterate, Kelly's mention of Wesolowski was guarded ... at least as I read it.

Out of the players we've been linked with only one of them has been over the age of 26 and that's Micah Hyde who the Mercury has said they believe not to be on of Leicester's targets.

The others linked have been:

Daniel Harding from Leeds aged 21

Kenny Lunt from Crewe aged 26

Gareth McAuley aged 26 who's now signed for us.

Other than rumblings over an Izzet return (which hasn't been reported in the papers only by fans) I can't think of any others either.

I agree with you that it would have been nice to see Dodds and Porter given some first team recognition at the end, but Levein never did with either of them.

You might be right in what your saying, but it's too early for me to think that. I do agree that the football wasn't as pretty as it could have been, but let's not forget the situation we were in. We did play some good football at times, but overall it was a battle that we thankfully won.

Archived