Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Ryan's express heading out of London?

That was the worst part of his game for a winger he had a serious problem with crossing!! infact he couldn't cross the ball

only put about 3 decent balls in for his entire stay!!

As you were posting I was editing my own text to refer to Smith's final ball. :thumbup:

As you were posting I was editing my own text to refer to Smith's final ball. :thumbup:

Not another post that makes me look stupid!!! :doh:

had a few of them lately!!!

Not another post that makes me look stupid!!! :doh:

had a few of them lately!!!

Don't worry. Your point was spot on. Mind you Smith's final ball was never helped by the fact we never had any chance of winning anything in the air. Nor do we have near post attackers, not did we have anyone running off the ball much when he played. That being the case it was never going to be easy to make goals.

That was the worst part of his game for a winger he had a serious problem with crossing!! infact he couldn't cross the ball

only put about 3 decent balls in for his entire stay!!

He still set up alot of our goals during his first couple of months here. Whether they were direct from crosses i'm not sure, but let's not forget how exciting he was up until christmas.

Smith always looked very good going forward no question. The problem with Ryan Smith as I see it, is that he is very much the Syla style of player however with a bit more ability, in the sense he dosn't track or tackle back and protect the left back at all. This is alright if we have a good left back, but currently we don't, when he was playing it was normally Maybury playing left back, and Smith would either loose the ball or not challenge the right midfielder, and the other team would get down our right wing, easily beat Maybes, and create chance after chance.

Smith always looked very good going forward no question. The problem with Ryan Smith as I see it, is that he is very much the Syla style of player however with a bit more ability, in the sense he dosn't track or tackle back and protect the left back at all. This is alright if we have a good left back, but currently we don't, when he was playing it was normally Maybury playing left back, and Smith would either loose the ball or not challenge the right midfielder, and the other team would get down our right wing, easily beat Maybes, and create chance after chance.

Back last August it was obvious we needed a good left back and scandalous that we never sorted the problem over so much time. Sheehan, the one obvious candidate, would seem to have lost heart (understandable but hardly to his credit) and if that's truly the case we should find an alternative quickly because we certainly don't have anyone else on the books who's even potentially good enough.

Archived