Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

SWEET AND TENDER HOOLIGANS

A fantastic gig by the Smiths tribute band. Shame there weren't more folks there.. :(

If you get the chance to see them when they come back to Leicester, please take it. They were excellent!!

I might feel a bit weird watching someone pretending to be the great man but if I get a chance to see them I will.

I performed a moving (and somewhat animated) version Of "First Of The Gang..." at a wedding disco last week. I was the only one on the dancefloor. I like to think that's because everyone was looking on in admiration.

I suspect it was more of a health and safety issue.

I don't get tribute bands :blush:

As much as I liked the Smiths, I would never pay to see someone do kareoke Smiths. Bjorn Again are fun...but they aren't Abba...and I'll only watch them as a support act inbetween going to a bar to collect more beer.

Music is about giving something of yourself, not wishing that last night [Matthew] it could have been you.

As much as I liked the Smiths, I would never pay to see someone do kareoke Smiths. Bjorn Again are fun...but they aren't Abba...and I'll only watch them as a support act inbetween going to a bar to collect more beer.

Music is about giving something of yourself, not wishing that last night [Matthew] it could have been you.

As much as I liked the Smiths, I would never pay to see someone do kareoke Smiths.

I didn't either - I blagged my way in wearing a Smiths T-shirt (which the band themselves saw and appreciated :cool::cool: ).

As someone who was fortunate enough to see the real Smiths, I know only too well that no tribute band could ever truly compare.

However it was still good to have a couple of Stellas and hear an hour's worth of Moz classics! :thumbup:

I didn't either - I blagged my way in wearing a Smiths T-shirt (which the band themselves saw and appreciated :cool::cool: ).

As someone who was fortunate enough to see the real Smiths, I know only too well that no tribute band could ever truly compare.

However it was still good to have a couple of Stellas and hear an hour's worth of Moz classics! :thumbup:

I was 13 when the Smiths split up :blush: so I never got to see them 'live' Id love to see Mozzer but I havent got round to it. It's on my 'things to do before I cark it' list though :thumbup:

Archived