Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

4 days, 22 hours, 4 minutes, 46 seconds

Oh my god? Is it really only 4 and a bit days away until I get to watch my Leicester play 6 defenders out of a possible 10 outfield players and 2 further defensive minded midfielders? Excellent, can't wait.

We've never had so much pessimism running into a season, surely that will mean a 5-0 starting win?

countdown.png:thumbup:

Looking forward to this season as it is my first season as a season ticket holder for three seasons when I had my 3 year sabattical to go uni. My last season ticket was in our promotion winning season, those were the days. Hopefully it can be like this again this season but pre season has given me a few slight worries but will be given the boys my full support and hope they prove me wrong.

Alright, maybe not everyone but the majority I would say so yes.

I didn't really mean it like that, I meant that as a bunch of fans we are a pretty pessimistic lot, surely there's been a few seasons we've been more pessimistic than this. Depends what you mean by pessimistic. I think most people think we will finish around 12th which is an improvement in terms of league position on last year. Which is hardly pessimistic. It depends what standards you set yourself. If you mean pessimism in the general terms that we aren't particularly thrilled about what this season might hold then yeah thinking about it I guess you are right. We have had dreadful seasons in recent years but they've never been obvious before the big kick-off.

I didn't really mean it like that, I meant that as a bunch of fans we are a pretty pessimistic lot, surely there's been a few seasons we've been more pessimistic than this. Depends what you mean by pessimistic. I think most people think we will finish around 12th which is an improvement in terms of league position on last year. Which is hardly pessimistic. It depends what standards you set yourself. If you mean pessimism in the general terms that we aren't particularly thrilled about what this season might hold then yeah thinking about it I guess you are right. We have had dreadful seasons in recent years but they've never been obvious before the big kick-off.

From a personal view, this has been the first time that I am expecting bugger all from a season. I remember last season thinking that we would make playoffs minimum. A few people woke up last pre-season when I was still kidding myself, and predicted mid-table mediocrity for the second time in a row. I thought that the penultimate season was a blip and it would spur us on to gain promotion last season.

Maybe now expectations have lowered and pressure has been taken of the players, they might just possibly pull something out of the bag. That's the only optimism i'm allowing myself this season and my expectations are to avoid relegation.... and league cup final :ph34r:

Archived