Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Stig

WINGERS

On saturday Chris Kamara described our mid-feild as "as good as any other championship mid-field" There is your proof that he talks crap. We have decent centre mids, Johnson Williams and Huges are decent enough, the back 4 is good and we have a strike force that could rip up the championship, but they have no service, Tiatto is A crap and B too defensively minded. Maybury is a not bad right back but again to defensive for right mid, if I were RK I would give Sylla another chance, give him 25 mins as a sub and start Low, I would then say to the board we NEED a left mid other wise we can forget championship football next season, get someone in on loan. If Low turns out to be no good then we need a right mid too, but this is our problem and why we are losing.

On saturday Chris Kamara described our mid-feild as "as good as any other championship mid-field" There is your proof that he talks crap. We have decent centre mids, Johnson Williams and Huges are decent enough, the back 4 is good and we have a strike force that could rip up the championship, but they have no service, Tiatto is A crap and B too defensively minded. Maybury is a not bad right back but again to defensive for right mid, if I were RK I would give Sylla another chance, give him 25 mins as a sub and start Low, I would then say to the board we NEED a left mid other wise we can forget championship football next season, get someone in on loan. If Low turns out to be no good then we need a right mid too, but this is our problem and why we are losing.

I agree totally.

Why we still have Tiatto I really don’t know, there is no reason to suggest he’ll being anything other than what he’s always been… crap. I also agree that Maybury is a defender and not a midfielder and his limitations comes to the fore in that role. The good news is that RK might have twigged, all be it far too late, last night when Hammond and Low came on.

Our defence needs tweaking but it’s solid, the problems start when a very defensive and unconfident midfield force it to contend with bouncing the ball round their own half for most of the game. The problems the strikers face are also as a result of the midfield which is totally absent in supporting their runs forward… something wingers could rectify.

I’d also mention that we could do with a proper, creative, play-maker, we don’t even need an Izzet or Gudjohnson we just need a force in mid-field, though with Hughes, Johnson and Williams its probably best to focus on the really big weakness that is wingers.

All that said Porter/Low would be an immediate improvement on Tiatto/Maybury, and there would always be the option of Hughes on the left and Sylla on the right if worst came to worst, more to the point this could allow us to cast around for a “playmaker†on loan with our wingers set.

Johnson has not impressed me so far, niether have tiatto or maybury, so our mid-field isn't very good imo. i dont know who to put on the left but i would have Low on the right, and maybe hughes in the centre.

People say we need wingers, but seriously, do we???

ok, we bring someone in to cross balls, but for whom? hume and fryatt against 6 footers?

Why do people think that all crosses from the wings have to be 8ft in the air. It is possible to cross the ball low and hard, to get to the goal line and reverse it back to someone running in from midfield etc, etc. Teams do this all the while you play to the strengths of your team.

Archived