Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Cup upsets

Was talking to a mate of mine about the Macc game tonight and it occurred to me, as has been mentioned a few times around the board today, that we don't really seem to suffer from these too much, at least we haven't in the recent past. The Wycombe debacle aside (that was one of the worst upsets in history in knock-on effect terms), we seem to approach these games fairly professionally and with all due respect to the lower division sides.

So I suppose the question is; do we get complacent about our chances against teams like Macclesfield on the basis that we don't seem to lose much to lower division sides (some teams have awful records, Charlton spring to mind - and Derby and Forest recently)?

Perhaps, but as long as the team has the right approach, there's nothing to worry about.

Besides, we've reason to be sorta confident in the cup - we have taken out two Premiership sides in the last two seasons, from the FA cup. We should have nailed Bolton in last years Leaue Cup too.

I don't think we're too complacent - it's not like we play an entire second string to face a team in a cup when they're two divisions below us. We add a few reserves to the side, but we don't go overboard.

Was talking to a mate of mine about the Macc game tonight and it occurred to me, as has been mentioned a few times around the board today, that we don't really seem to suffer from these too much, at least we haven't in the recent past. The Wycombe debacle aside (that was one of the worst upsets in history in knock-on effect terms), we seem to approach these games fairly professionally and with all due respect to the lower division sides.

So I suppose the question is; do we get complacent about our chances against teams like Macclesfield on the basis that we don't seem to lose much to lower division sides (some teams have awful records, Charlton spring to mind - and Derby and Forest recently)?

:rolleyes: Oh great, we know who to blame if we lose tonight now! :P

P.S HD Ackerman is taking Monty Panasar for a ride :P

Only if it's against a top flight team.

As we progress im sure sure ticket prices will rise, and if we get drawn against a team in our divison or below us people will not want to spend money on this.

Only if it's against a top flight team.

As we progress im sure sure ticket prices will rise, and if we get drawn against a team in our divison or below us people will not want to spend money on this.

I didn't mean strictly in the cup.

A good cup run brings a certain feel-good factor - people might be more interested in the games if the club appears to be on the up. A run to the quarters in the League Cup or even the FA cup would surely create a bit of a buzz around the place?

Archived