Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Rob Kelly, firefighter?

To be honest, there's not a huge step between a good Championship side and a mediocre one. However, there's not a huge difference between a mediocre one and a crap one either.

How you go about making a rationalised judgment on a manager in his first job and with no money is beyond me. If he comes out of this season with a good side, he'll be the new Messiah, and if it's crap then people will most likely use the lack of money as an excuse. I think it makes his job a lot easier.

If he had no alternatives, a dearth of players and no money that would be one thing but he's got good players at Leicester and plenty of chance to generate funds if he thinks he needs them.

Lots of managers have done well in circumstances much worse than his. The challenge for Kelly is to incorporate our most talented graduates into the team as quickly as possible and build an effective, attacking team which wins matches and attracts the crowds.

Having lots of money might actually make that harder cos he'd be tempted to bring players in who might take the place of graduates who were better than the new signings.

By the next transfer window people will be able to judge his progress simply by noting whether we've got a better side than when he took over and by looking at our position in the League. On that basis he hasn't got much to beat.

Having seen the foxes a good few times since Rob Kelly took over I believe there is no doubt the guy gives 100% and his team try their best to the systems and selections he adopts.

I can help feeling though that the guy is 20% short of being a Manager capable of getting us into the top 6.

There just seems to be a spark missing.

Anyone agree?

For christs sake the guy probably hasn't even had 20 games in charge of us yet. For a manager with ZERO experience the results have been very good. Give the guy a chance and we may get the extra 20% you think is missing.

You don't know that.

No, who can ever be certain of anything that is a matter of opinion?.

But I have taken the time to watch them and that is what I believe.

However for enough of them to work through to the first team and then gel into a worthwhile team - with supplementary players of which several are in place - will take time and it will satisfy me to see us moving steadily in that direction.

Kelly is no different to some of his players. He has things to learn, about people, about tactics about alternatives, about communication and he should get time and a bit of understanding while he learns them.

But none of that will shelter him from criticism, nor should it.

If he had no alternatives, a dearth of players and no money that would be one thing but he's got good players at Leicester and plenty of chance to generate funds if he thinks he needs them.

Lots of managers have done well in circumstances much worse than his. The challenge for Kelly is to incorporate our most talented graduates into the team as quickly as possible and build an effective, attacking team which wins matches and attracts the crowds.

Having lots of money might actually make that harder cos he'd be tempted to bring players in who might take the place of graduates who were better than the new signings.

By the next transfer window people will be able to judge his progress simply by noting whether we've got a better side than when he took over and by looking at our position in the League. On that basis he hasn't got much to beat.

If he had lots of money, chances are he'd buy in players who are better than the current youth team players, otherwise what's the point?

Looking at the number of 'next big things' who have been 'forced out' of the club, and have gone on to.......nowhere, I am not pinning my hopes on the Academy being our saviour. We're doing well having Stearman, COG, Weso and Porter getting first team action. The law of averages kind of makes me think that we should not be so insular come January.

Archived