Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonbluefox9

Academy at home today

By the way someone asked about Chambers a few days ago.

He was a second half substitute today and blasted in a penalty with no nonsense (I think he was the man brought down but I cannot be sure).

Anyway he should have had a hat-trick but just seemed to lack his usual sharpness and finishing prowess.

In fact I'm told he's been kept on the bench by McKay and Odhiambo/Odihambo most of the season and in my opinion it showed.

He was breathing fairly heavily early on and just didn'tseem as fit as I remember him which suggests, like others, he's not getting enough football.

Some lads are benefitting from not having two games (reserves and Academy) in one week but others, like Dodds, who are too old for the Academy are getting very little serious football. Chambers would appear to be one of these.

Furthermore with the Academy amssing close to an average of five goalsa game in their League you'd have to question how much good it is doing the senior members of the squad - mostly youth internationals at one level or another because, whilethey didn't let up at all today they really did steamroller Cardiff with the sort of footballlesson I doubt they forget very quickly.

Clearly they need sterner tests the way the situation is turning out there's little surprise the club are so tight lipped about broaching the subject.

Archived