Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
XFS

Dodds Out on Loan

O'Grady is the saviour. Oh wait, he's shite.

Porter is the saviour. Oh wait, we do better with Tiatto in the side.

Sheehan is the saviour. He's gone to Mansfield on loan. He's still the saviour! He has a couple of bad games. I don't like him anymore.

Better move onto the next batch of players who I will build up like Gods and then grow weary of when they are thrown into Championship games against tough, uncompromising teams and don't live up to my lofty expectations.

Can't think I've ever called COG either a saviour or shite (that's just your words for a bit of effect) or that Porter was a saviour or that I wanted him out or even that Sheehan was a saviour only that he could attack from left back. Nor have I said he's no longer any good, only that with the england left-back coming through his chances will be limited - and they would.

Apart perhaps from King I don't really want to move on to the next batch anyway but I'd sooner people like King than Johnson thanks and I'd sooner try to do something about our seemingly everlasting weaknesses than continue to ignore them - even if we change the system.

Why you might want to continue with the status quo I'm sure you'll explain.

Can't think I've ever called COG either a saviour or shite (that's just your words for a bit of effect) or that Porter was a saviour or that I wanted him out or even that Sheehan was a saviour only that he could attack from left back. Nor have I said he's no longer any good, only that with the england left-back coming through his chances will be limited - and they would.

Apart perhaps from King I don't really want to move on to the next batch anyway but I'd sooner people like King than Johnson thanks and I'd sooner try to do something about our seemingly everlasting weaknesses than continue to ignore them - even if we change the system.

Why you might want to continue with the status quo I'm sure you'll explain.

It's only a bit of a cheap laugh. I don't think my Midfield thread supports a status quo - I'm intent on us making the most of our first-team squad and I don't think Kelly is doing that at the moment.

But if they were in the team and Beagle hole was the manager we would be top of the league.

Let's just worry about playing some football first instead of presently impossible dreams like being top of the League.

Having just read the player ratings I find it hard to imagine that someone like Andy King would actually play worse. Nor can I ever imagine Steve Beaglehole ever selecting a team with two forwards and eight spoiling defenders or midfielders.

You mock but at least Beaglehole tries to do justice to the game. And as you belittle his efforts you seem to ignore my point completely - that without the right blueprint you'll never build the right machine.

Surely you must see there is so much misssing from our team. Yes it has great spirit at times and great energy, even good organisation within the strictest of limits. Nothing wrong with most of that to a point.

But what it doesn't have is any sort of balance and co-ordination. It has no swiftness as a unit, no beauty, no imagination, no variety, no consistent accuracy and no elegance.

Leicester City is a football club. Reasonable then to at least try to play some football. To do that we need some footballers in the side. You know yourself that we can't afford to sign any. Does it not make logical sense therefore to gradually introduce the ones we've already got?

Logan, Stearman, Wesolowski, Porter, Grady have already been introduced. None have been anything like the let down that some others in our team have been and at least they have the excuse that they are still learning and developing. I just wish we could keep them fit.

We persist with others who will never learn any more and whose performances are only heading in one general direction. There's only any logic in that if the level of performance is so good it's got some way to fall but that is clearly not the case.

With Kelly I cannot criticise his enthusiasm, integrity, hard-working philosophy or his honesty. It's his view of how football should be played that bothers me and ability to create a picture worth looking at and then to mould a team that can mirror or represent that picture which seems to be lacking.

To my mind these things will only come when we get good young footballers who are used to playing together forming the major part of our side. The team aspect is so important and from what I've seen of trying to mix our youth and experience it just doesn't gel.

We can all see Kelly's got a minor crisis right now. But even when there's no crisis there's no flow, joy creativity in his sides. Don't mistake me. I would want all the pluses in my team that he's encouraged. But that would only be half what I want. It's not just about getting the ball but also about what we do with it when we get it that matters.

Seven or eight non-attackers is inexcusable really. As a one off it might be, but we've seen it before in Leicester sides this season and we saw it under Levein. It is a recipe for failure as has been demonstrated lots of times.

With Kelly I cannot criticise his enthusiasm, integrity, hard-working philosophy or his honesty. It's his view of how football should be played that bothers me and ability to create a picture worth looking at and then to mould a team that can mirror or represent that picture which seems to be lacking.

We can all see Kelly's got a minor crisis right now. But even when there's no crisis there's no flow, joy creativity in his sides. Don't mistake me. I would want all the pluses in my team that he's encouraged. But that would only be half what I want. It's not just about getting the ball but also about what we do with it when we get it that matters.

Seven or eight non-attackers is inexcusable really. As a one off it might be, but we've seen it before in Leicester sides this season and we saw it under Levein. It is a recipe for failure as has been demonstrated lots of times.

honestly my head keeps saying get weso and williams central midfield and we will not lose games. simple. you can never win a game when the team ball getter (AJ) does zilch to get the ball and gives the ball to opposing teams. someone said respect AJ, i do but in a team competition counts and if players play better than he should play reserve games till he gets some kind of form and hunger for the game. Then porter, gradel anyone else really and the team will go forward in terms of performance. i dont give a shit if the team loses if it plays well. to play so uncommitedly sucks and is detrimental to the soul of this club. i said when we were in form that it was a lot of luck recently.

give credit to kelly he s improving as a manager. he s showing more signs of changing players round. hope next week players will be fresher, kisnorbo, weso and williams in the team. we gave to win. and convince

maybe not being in a reserve league is starting to stunt the development of these lads.

The standard of reserve football is poor but it needs to be there and organised.

I noticed that Chelsea are taking the loan option instead of using the reserve team as a serious developer of their young talent.

Anthony Grant at Wycombe

Jack Cork and Ryan Bertrand at Bournemouth

Jimmy Smith and Michael Mancienne at QPR

We need to do the same. Get Mattock/Chambers/Odiahambo etc into the first team or off to League One/Two I say! And now at 16/17 not at 19/20 when their development slows down!!!

Thats the problem with Sheehan and Doddsy - instead of developing their games for the good of LC they are putting themselves in shop window for a move away.

The OS in all its wisdom, is now telling us Dodds' loan has been extended for another month.

Funny because it was less than a week ago that he had it extended by a month already. :ph34r:

It seems the OS is about 6 days late in reporting the news today, as his deal runs out in early December (he joined in October, so that's a two month spell). ;)

Archived