Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
XFS

Dodds Out on Loan

Just noticed this on the Northwich Victoria Website

http://www.northwichvics.co.uk/news_detail.asp?nid=93

Dodds joining them for a month. Even though it contradicts the striker search, it should give Dodds some experience. They have a new stadium and new facilities if you flick around the website.

He wont get the service or time that he gets at Reserve level but if anyone can stick a chance away, Doddsy can. Will improve his match fitness too after the joke of having no reserve league.

Good news for him.

But does that mean we are searching for a striker because we don't think Dodds is good enough or because he's not match fit?

Because I cannot see Northwich Victoria giving him anything but Reserve team standard football and therefore simply getting him fit again which he should have been anyway during October.

Not sure about that. He could have been having his chance on the bench now with Fryatt being dinjured instead of getting himself fit in fairly inconsequential football because we've not been able to provide him with anything worthwhile to do.

Good news for him.

But does that mean we are searching for a striker because we don't think Dodds is good enough or because he's not match fit?

Because I cannot see Northwich Victoria giving him anything but Reserve team standard football and therefore simply getting him fit again which he should have been anyway during October.

I think Kelly wants a striker with a proven record. I don't think he thinks Dodds is currently ready to be our first choice striker (which is what Fryatt is) also shows his faith he has in Elvis and O'Grady!!!

Good news for him.

And probably something to do with wages being made available for the new striker

I think Kelly wants a striker with a proven record. I don't think he thinks Dodds is currently ready to be our first choice striker (which is what Fryatt is) also shows his faith he has in Elvis and O'Grady!!!

Elvis and O'Grady represent for me how far we have fallen.

The kick in the teeth is that we paid £350,000 for Elvis.

And we were broke even then!

To say that the Conference is worse than Reserve team football is a bad shout. Reserve team football is shocking, either pros that dont want to be there or youngsters that try too hard.

It puts him in the shop window for a better loan further into the season too.

To put it simply Dodds, like Alan Sheehan isn't rated by Kelly and his team. If Rob has let Dodds go then he best bring in a stiker thats going to score or we might have well as played Dodds who is our player!!!

Anyone agree!?!?

To put it simply Dodds, like Alan Sheehan isn't rated by Kelly and his team. If Rob has let Dodds go then he best bring in a stiker thats going to score or we might have well as played Dodds who is our player!!!

Anyone agree!?!?

Why publicly announce that Louis Dodds is the best finisher at the club and that he's highly rated here then? I just think he doesn't feel he'll be able to make an impact in our current situation, he might be right!

Elvis and O'Grady represent for me how far we have fallen.

The kick in the teeth is that we paid £350,000 for Elvis.

And we were broke even then!

Wasn't it £350,000 rising depending on certain things?!?

I was shocked that we ever purchased the bloke!!!

O'Grady and Elvis are Division 1 strikers at best, Hume is a mid to bottom end championship striker and Fryatt for all his potential ability will never play at a higher level than the championship. They just aren't good enough. I'm amazed we paid so much for Fryatt and Hume!!

Apparently Farrelly has been shown the door, Asaba's still training with us, but no contract offer as yet.

Asaba must be doing something right then if he's still here.

What ever happaend to Blake?!?

Anyone agree!?!?

If RK doesn't rate them, would he bother going along to see Sheehan in action at Mansfield?

Would MS have bothered telling people that RK rates Sheehan and they agree he needs games?

If they didn't rate him, in fact, why would they offer him a contract extension last season (on RK's watch) instead of just showing him the door?

Loan moves aren't the kiss of death for a city players career - O'Grady and Logan made their breakthrough after a loan spell - both in League 2, I add. Where's Sheehan playing right now? :whistle:

*cough*DRUGS!*cough*

Allegedly.

But erm yeah.

Not performance enhancing though, obviously.

Not Allegedly - Definitely! (Actually, this article from earlier this year confirms it properly, the others leave doubt because they both say Blake and the FA declined to comment.)

That ban has long since passed, mind.

It wont do the lad any harm. Bit shocked its this low. How old is he again

Dodds was 20 yesterday.

Wasn't it £350,000 rising depending on certain things?!?

It was 225k rising to 350k in the event of promotion (so not going to pay that for a while...)

What ever happaend to Blake?!?

Last seen being banned from football for a number of months for smoking weed.

Evenin` all,

Can anyone give us a quick summary of Dodds` strengths and weaknesses, has he appeared for your first team at all, what was the injury and what`s his background (eg local lad been on the Foxes` books for donkey`s years?

Please post here or at www.nvfc.co.uk (easy registration process)

Hope the loan works out for all concerned.

There will be quite a bit of pressure on the whole team (incl any newconers) on Saturday given that we have won only 1 out of 7 at home etc etc.

Archived