Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
XFS

Dodds Out on Loan

The same Kelly that brought thru as many youth players as Levein did, in half the time? ;)

And now seems to have lost faith in them in favour of his hoard of shit journeymen. I've no idea what's wrong with Porter - you'd think the club might have the decency to say so - O'Grady's presumably injured, Weso's injured one week and not the next but there's still Gradel and King and Mattock and Dodds and Chambers and Odhiambo.

Better those in a properly balanced football team than the likes of Johnson in midfield, Stearman on right midfield and forwards left forever unsupported because we've filled ourselves full of lumbering defenders like some coal lorry at the bottom of a steep hill.

There's simply no enterprise in how we lined up today - in fact there's not been much enterprise away from home all season.

Where are these players that kelly has brought through then?

I was thinking the same. The only one he's brought through has been Conrad. He's given a few chances to O'Grady and Porter but I don't think either have enough to keep their places, but then I think Porter has done more than Welsh has done in both his loan spells, something has clearly gone off there.

But if they were in the team and Beagle hole was the manager we would be top of the league.

of course, i mean, the academy league in my opinion is of just as much quality as the 2nd tier of english football. perhaps better?

any academy player would simply run rings around a championship side.

my brother played with these lads for years. They are not ready yet, they are not the answer.

I tend to agree but at least they'd try to play some football. I remember watching Odhiambo in the first team. He didn't get a decent pass all the time he was on. It can't go on.

of course, i mean, the academy league in my opinion is of just as much quality as the 2nd tier of english football. perhaps better?

any academy player would simply run rings around a championship side.

I'm glad we agree on that one :D

He didn't get a decent pass all the time he was on. It can't go on.

I saw him get quite a few and so did the people around me, the ball just bounced off his foot a coupe of times.

A GOOD player should be able to control a bad ball anyway. Hume managed to control and do something with bad balls against villa and others!

O'Grady is the saviour. Oh wait, he's shite.

Porter is the saviour. Oh wait, we do better with Tiatto in the side.

Sheehan is the saviour. He's gone to Mansfield on loan. He's still the saviour! He has a couple of bad games. I don't like him anymore.

Better move onto the next batch of players who I will build up like Gods and then grow weary of when they are thrown into Championship games against tough, uncompromising teams and don't live up to my lofty expectations.

Sheehan is the saviour. He's gone to Mansfield on loan. He's still the saviour! He has a couple of bad games. I don't like him anymore.

Better move onto the next batch of players who I will build up like Gods and then grow weary of when they are thrown into Championship games against tough, uncompromising teams and don't live up to my lofty expectations.

What are you trying to say Fezzles? :smile:

Why not have both?

And to be fair, we've only started getting better results since Conrad came in, I would rather have an unproven king in the middle than johnson, or gradel on the right wing with stearman behind him, than stearman right wing...

But if they were in the team and Beagle hole was the manager we would be top of the league.

We'd certainly have a positive attitude. Luton - negative. West Brom - positive then conceded the initiative for no reason. Birmingham - totally defensive until lucky to rescue a point at the end. QPR:

Scored then had no more ambition other than trying to defend it.

Winds me up. We do have the players not to resort to kids who shouldn't have the burden of expectation weighed upon them.

Having said that, it's utter sacrilege that Dodds has not been given a chance yet.

I don't we should be comparing the kids to Odihambo. He hasn't even played a Reserve game and only just come into a spot of form this season in the academy.

The facts speak for themselves, our academy team is the form team in England. It's not just kids that are not even close to first team football, the likes of Gradel and Chambers have both played and scored at Reserve team level.

Say if some of these kids were doing as they did last season, in a Reserve team if we had one. I think a few more people would be calling for there inclusion in the team than right now. It's a joke that Gradel and other 18 year olds are having to play in the academy, it's bound to halt their progress.

I don't we should be comparing the kids to Odihambo. He hasn't even played a Reserve game and only just come into a spot of form this season in the academy.

The facts speak for themselves, our academy team is the form team in England. It's not just kids that are not even close to first team football, the likes of Gradel and Chambers have both played and scored at Reserve team level.

Say if some of these kids were doing as they did last season, in a Reserve team if we had one. I think a few more people would be calling for there inclusion in the team than right now. It's a joke that Gradel and other 18 year olds are having to play in the academy, it's bound to halt their progress.

I agree. It's an incredibly stupid situation and if it stops any of our extremely promising youngsters making the most of their career then I hope whoever is responsible, whether it be the Premier League, Football League or our board for not coming up with an alternative, realises what an effect they're having on a young person's life and future. I really do see it that seriously.

Archived