Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Lunt in on loan?

I agree the change from League Two relegation candidates to Championship relegation candidates (at the time) is quite a step. He started off well enough, he caused problems, he held the ball up, he even bagged a goal. Since then he's either gone off the boil, or our view of him has changed because he's not doing what we expect (because we now expect more of him).

I don't think he was helped by our creative problems when he started this season (5 games). Hume and Hammond have made a fair few of the chances themselves, really, and I can't recall that being part of O'Grady's skill-base... nor is it really a part of Fryatt's, is it?!

Perhaps he'd be more useful on the right wing?

Only if he doesn't take Gradel's place, that is. ;)

Pretty fair assessment that. All our striker's are different and I believe all can be useful to us. But whoever prevails and the best of luck to all of em, the key lies with an efficient midfield to give everyone proper assistance.

With Porter and Welsh in the frame and Gradel, hopefully, set to make his mark, then it only needs Weso, Williams and Danny to return to full fitness and I can at last see some light in those particular shadows.

Pretty fair assessment that. All our striker's are different and I believe all can be useful to us. But whoever prevails and the best of luck to all of em, the key lies with an efficient midfield to give everyone proper assistance.

With Porter and Welsh in the frame and Gradel, hopefully, set to make his mark, then it only needs Weso, Williams and Danny to return to full fitness and I can at last see some light in those particular shadows.

Do you rate Welsh at all, while you mention him? ;)

I like him, I think he could be a useful part of the squad. It's a shame the silly bugger signed a new contract in June only to get no games at Sunderland, now it'll cost is a wedge to liberate him permanently. :(

:P Nevermind... I hear Piper's available. The perfect mentor for Gradel. ;)

I'm living in a fantasy world, aren't I? :ph34r:

Of course everyone wants him to be a great player - unforunitely he won't be cos he can't put the ball in the back of the net and he never even looks like he will do.

At least elvis gets chances, he may even score, cos the amount of times you whack the ball in that area, he's gonna get one on target past the keeper -even though he hasn't a clue wot he's supposed to be doing!!

The problem he doesn't really whack it, he usually mis kicks it and it goes to the keeper at about 2 miles an hour. Still I would have him in the team because of the problems he can cause, Humes there to score the goals :P

Do you rate Welsh at all, while you mention him? ;)

I like him, I think he could be a useful part of the squad. It's a shame the silly bugger signed a new contract in June only to get no games at Sunderland, now it'll cost is a wedge to liberate him permanently. :(

:P Nevermind... I hear Piper's available. The perfect mentor for Gradel. ;)

I'm living in a fantasy world, aren't I? :ph34r:

Yes, I quite like Welsh. He's quite a positive winger if other duties aren't allowed to sap half his energy. He can certainly do a valuable job. But Porter's the more accomplished foootballer and such a tidy passer from anywhere on the field.

Welsh's arrival will allow Porter to be used more flexibly and wherever the situation most demands. It will also enable him to be used a bit more sparingly because he works so hard for the team that he's inclined to be knackered by the 70th minute and the additional stamina will only develop gradually.

The option to play him in midfield or on the right will also be a plus because I imagine both Weso and Gradel will have problems working non stop for 90 minutes and we are not a good enough team for players to go into cruise control for spells.

I hope Matty Piper's luck changes for the better but I've never been a fan of going backwards, at least not where football's concerned. :whistle::D:D:D

Pfff. I doubt Chris O'Grady cares what I think of him. My opinion will change if I see him play well on a regular basis. I don't think he's even got the basic skills necessary to be an effective striker at this level though and I sincerely hope the form of Hume, Hammond and Fryatt (and Dodds if he ever gets a chance) means we never have to rely on COG again.

The problem he doesn't really whack it, he usually mis kicks it and it goes to the keeper at about 2 miles an hour. Still I would have him in the team because of the problems he can cause, Humes there to score the goals :P

Ironically, in the ressies, he invariably whacked em too hard and just wide or above the target. With time though, and confidence, he should learn to relax. I sometimes think he tries so hard he's a bit overwound.

Ironically, in the ressies, he invariably whacked em too hard and just wide or above the target. With time though, and confidence, he should learn to relax. I sometimes think he tries so hard he's a bit over wound.

Like a tightly coiled spring, waiting to go.... boing! © DI Derek Grim :ph34r:

Archived