Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Lunt in on loan?

Stoke are battling with Southampton and Crystal Palace to sign Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Kenny Lunt on loan. (Various)

Football gossip

He turned us down for Sheff Wed before but now he's obviously not enjoying it there, we might aswell put an offer in. Don't really get why they would want to send there best midfielder out on loan to a rival Championship club but you no.

worth a go

Stoke are battling with Southampton and Crystal Palace to sign Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Kenny Lunt on loan. (Various)

Football gossip

He turned us down for Sheff Wed before but now he's obviously not enjoying it there, we might aswell put an offer in. Don't really get why they would want to send there best midfielder out on loan to a rival Championship club but you no.

worth a go

Fully agree. I was surprised, when I saw the Teletext article, that we weren't mentioned. I think Kelly should try for him - especially as he obviously rate(s/d) him.

Football gossip

worth a go

we should have bought Lenny in the summer instead of Johnson. if we can afford him is the big issue though

http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=34886

They say it was only Stoke, Crystal Palace and Southampton who wanted to sign him in the summer.

But wern't we close to signing him? I remember him saying we were his best option but wanted to live nearer to his family, hence the move to sheff wednesday

Crewe said at the time that we were the only team to have made him an offer after about 10 clubs had been linked with him. A few weeks later he went to Sheff Wed and it was said he'd turned us down.

I could say we've got enough Lunts already :whistle: but seriously, how many strikers do we need? Humey's on fire, Hammond's playing well, Fryatt won't be injured forever and Dodds will soon finish his loan spell. Surely our priorities aren't really in the striking department.

I could say we've got enough Lunts already :whistle: but seriously, how many strikers do we need? Humey's on fire, Hammond's playing well, Fryatt won't be injured forever and Dodds will soon finish his loan spell. Surely our priorities aren't really in the striking department.

Surely that should read - Humey's on fire, Hammond is playing well, Fryatt is injured and Dodds has never made an appearance for the first team and is currently two matches into a loan spell at a Conference team?

And O'Grady is shit.

Surely that should read - Humey's on fire, Hammond is playing well, Fryatt is injured and Dodds has never made an appearance for the first team and is currently two matches into a loan spell at a Conference team?

And O'Grady is shit.

He will be by the time everyone's finished pursuading him he's shit.

Lunt is a central midfielder.

And O'Grady is shit.

Don't sugar-coat things, tell us how you REALLY feel. :thumbsup:

He's not double-dated you or something has he?.

I cannot believe anyone thinks so badly of him.

It's all about the numbers.

Strikers are paid to score goals when they play.

O'Grady has, seemingly, played quite a lot of games and managed very few goals out of them.

I had high hopes for the lad, he and Hammond were smashing them in in pre-season, but it looks like that would-be partnership has been eclipsed by the Hume/Hammond partnership. :yesyes:

I haven't made my mind up, personally, I still hope he can prove the doubters wrong and become a useful member of the squad (god knows we need squad members right now, with the team losing players like there's no tomorrow). I think the danger for O'Grady is that he may even be eclipsed by Dodds in the near future. Is it a coincidence that O'Grady being dropped to the bench and remaining unused has coincided with Dodds going out on loan to get match fit? :ph34r:

He's not double-dated you or something has he?.

I cannot believe anyone thinks so badly of him.

It's not necessarily what I think of him, it was just a reaction to what LWICD said about the way Fez put it that's all.

Honestly, I don't think he's all that bad, after all we've got to work with what we've got but at the present moment I'd prefer to see a partnership from Hume, Fryatt and Hammond rather than putting O'Grady in the starting line-up.

It's all about the numbers.

Strikers are paid to score goals when they play.

O'Grady has, seemingly, played quite a lot of games and managed very few goals out of them.

I had high hopes for the lad, he and Hammond were smashing them in in pre-season, but it looks like that would-be partnership has been eclipsed by the Hume/Hammond partnership. :yesyes:

the o'grady hammond combination never got a chance in the league this season though, it was pushed aside to let 'free scoring' matty into the side. o'grady was very impressive in a few games, after the sunderland game i have not heard the end of how good he was from mackem fans. unfortunately there was a lack of goals and its ultimately the strikers who take the blame

He's a good player in my opinion. (O'grady)

He hasn't been great for us in the first team yet, but I hold high hopes for him

:thumbsup:

Thrac, as with Leicester Lass, I too was responding only to Fez's words, not agreeing with the sentiment. ;)

There's still a few of us out there who thinks/hopes he proves himself useful. :)

:thumbsup:

Thrac, as with Leicester Lass, I too was responding only to Fez's words, not agreeing with the sentiment. ;)

There's still a few of us out there who thinks/hopes he proves himself useful. :)

Of course everyone wants him to be a great player - unforunitely he won't be cos he can't put the ball in the back of the net and he never even looks like he will do.

At least elvis gets chances, he may even score, cos the amount of times you whack the ball in that area, he's gonna get one on target past the keeper -even though he hasn't a clue wot he's supposed to be doing!!

It's not necessarily what I think of him, it was just a reaction to what LWICD said about the way Fez put it that's all.

Honestly, I don't think he's all that bad, after all we've got to work with what we've got but at the present moment I'd prefer to see a partnership from Hume, Fryatt and Hammond rather than putting O'Grady in the starting line-up.

Can't argue with what you and Lookwhat say (which is a long way from calling him crap) except to play devil's advocate a little and point out that lots of strikers need time to adjust to the pace and sharpness of a different level when it comes to finishing.

COG and Hammond were whacking em in pre-season, Doddsy's done it too but there needs to be a bit of patience while people adjust. It's no different to having patience with Fryatt while he's going through an iffy spell.

There's a difference between people who'll never be any good and others who need to grow into a job.

I've every confidence in all our stirkers really so long as they keep getting enough football to keep them fine-tuned.

Can't argue with what you and Lookwhat say (which is a long way from calling him crap) except to play devil's advocate a little and point out that lots of strikers need time to adjust to the pace and sharpness of a different level when it comes to finishing.

I agree the change from League Two relegation candidates to Championship relegation candidates (at the time) is quite a step. He started off well enough, he caused problems, he held the ball up, he even bagged a goal. Since then he's either gone off the boil, or our view of him has changed because he's not doing what we expect (because we now expect more of him).

I don't think he was helped by our creative problems when he started this season (5 games). Hume and Hammond have made a fair few of the chances themselves, really, and I can't recall that being part of O'Grady's skill-base... nor is it really a part of Fryatt's, is it?!

Perhaps he'd be more useful on the right wing?

Only if he doesn't take Gradel's place, that is. ;)

Archived