Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Chambers On The Mark

Leicester City youth striker Ashley Chambers was on target for the England under 17 side in their 2-0 victory over Belgium on Tuesday night.

The 16-year-old forward banged in the second for the Three Lions with 55 minutes on the clock to seal the win for head coach John Peacock's side.

City defender Joe Mattock was also in action on the night - playing the full 90 minutes of the game.

The fixture was part of the UEFA Under-17 Friendly Mini Tournament, which has been taking place in Belgium over the last week.

England finished a respectable second in the group, with one win, one draw and one defeat to their name.

Mattock completed all three games for his country, while Chambers started against Portugal and Belgium after coming off the bench in the opener against Spain.

Both players will now return from the training camp and will be in contention for Saturday's Academy match against the MK Dons at the Belvoir Drive training ground in Leicester.

OS

OS

Mattock's ever present role emphasises how difficult it will be for Sheehan to carve out a career at Leicester.

He's up against demonstrably the best under 17 left-back in the country. It's not a reflection on Sheehan but it is testament to the depth and the calibre of young players at our club right now.

Where have all these great academy players come from?

Got me thinking back to PT and his focus on investing on youth. Five years on are we finally seeing some benefit from his time in charge?

The possible only benefit from that c**t

Mattock's ever present role emphasises how difficult it will be for Sheehan to carve out a career at Leicester.

He's up against demonstrably the best under 17 left-back in the country. It's not a reflection on Sheehan but it is testament to the depth and the calibre of young players at our club right now.

When Nils leaves for the Premiership, we'll have a ready-made left back replacement - he'll be 17 by then. :thumbsup:

Keep some faith with Sheehan, i believe we can have both players in the first team squad in the future.

From what i have seen of Sheehan i still rate him he might not make it but i think he is capable.

Our youth team prospects are very good at the moment i might go and watch them, we should rotate the odd one sitting on the bench.

Where have all these great academy players come from?

Got me thinking back to PT and his focus on investing on youth. Five years on are we finally seeing some benefit from his time in charge?

It's a bit ironic really. But I don't think anyone's ever grumbled about his investment in youth - I just think no-one would want to let him anywhere near their bank balance. Good management, I'm afraid, is not just about getting one aspect right for the future...

Keep some faith with Sheehan, i believe we can have both players in the first team squad in the future.

From what i have seen of Sheehan i still rate him he might not make it but i think he is capable.

Our youth team prospects are very good at the moment i might go and watch them, we should rotate the odd one sitting on the bench.

I would hope so too!

Not sure how it will work out exactly, but I have faith in both players. :)

I would hope so too!

Not sure how it will work out exactly, but I have faith in both players. :)

That's a nice thought but this far into Kelly's management I just don't think he's a Kelly type of player. Sheehan's a cultured sort of footballer. Every so often Kelly dabbles with a bit of class but he never seems comfortable with the idea.

He likes all-action hussling sorts of playrs, people who relish his zonal marking system and who have the energy to make it effective.

I'm not saying he's wrong in this - just that it's the way he is. Even our first choice strikers are fast, harrassing sorts. Sheehan's never going to be that type but Mattock shows every sign that he will be.

Archived