Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sparky

connolly predicts exodus from hammers

Connolly predicts Hammers exodus

Sunday, 25 July 2004

by Alex Dunn

New Leicester striker David Connolly has predicted his exit from West Ham will be followed by several others on their way out of Upton Park.

Connolly joined Leicester in the summer after just a single season with The Hammers but he believes the hard-up Championship outfit will struggle to hold on to several of their biggest names.

Premiership new boys Crystal Palace bid for Michael Carrick and Marlon Harewood on Friday but saw their offer rebuffed.

However, Connolly believes the club are set to lose several more faces.

''It hurt them to lose in the play-offs and they are still under pressure to sell,'' said Connolly.

''I was the latest and I'm fairly certain there will be others going.''

Meanwhile, Leicester boss Micky Adams has confirmed the club will firm up their interest in trialist defender Chris Makin.

The former Ipswich full back has impressed in The Foxes' pre-season campaign and is to be offered a deal.

''The situation with Chris Makin is we hope to sign him,'' said Adams.

''My director of football Dave Bassett and chief executive Tim Davies are unfortunately both away at the moment, but we hope to tie up a deal for Chris in the not too distant future.''

Let's go and snap Etherington up.  ;)

Nigel Reo Cocker. would be the perfect solution to the midfield problem.

i think we can maybe afford a 500k bid, and an extra 500k if we go up. and 500k if he gets an england cap. and 500k if he makes 50 starts. they might accept B)

i think we can maybe afford a 500k bid, and an extra 500k if we go up. and 500k if he gets an england cap. and 500k if he makes 50 starts. they might accept B)

It's not Championship Manager. ;)

...Not forgetting the 50% sell on clause, £10k per league appearance, another £300k spread over 24 months, £500k after he's scored 10 goals, and £750k after he's passed his driving test :)

MOST deals are done in this form.

Not necessarily.

Not necessarily.

Does MOST encompass All? Nope.

Not necessarily.

Did I indicate all? Nope.

Not necessarily.

Well then I don't get your point.

Not necessarily.

Well then I don't get your point.

Quite simple really. You said MOST deal were conducted in this way, I disagreed. :rolleyes:

Archived