Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_jme

Momo Sylla

I'm saying nothing more about the game...just take it as read that I would otherwise be posting " :thumbup: " after every davieG post.

This is getting scary and people are going to start talking! :P

He did a good job for us today, having a hand in both goals.

I concur with davieG.

I think I'm going to start talking, Disco Bob. ;)

Keep up those prejudices :thumbup:

Just can't give the fella credit some people.

He played well today and showed that he is by far and away our best option on the right until January.

I can give him credit. Hull Fox chose his words carefully and possibly summed up his contribution perfectly.

That's not the same as him playing well throughout the game, being a good player or even being our best option on the right.

What he did have yesterday, which was unusual since he came here was effect. But not enough to last him until January!.

I'm glad Sylla has had his chance again in the first team because I think he is proving many people wrong.

Everybody, including myself thought that he would return and be the crap that he used to be but instead, he's consistently put in some decent performances for the team since his return.

Well done Momo :thumbup:

Are all of you guys for real?? I thought he was awful and so did the rest of the guys sitting around me, judging by their reaction. OK he looked busy but when he was on the ball he did jack sh!t and his tackiling was crap at times.

He won a damn sight more flick ons than Low ever did and his pass for Hume was as good as I have seen all season. OK so he fades in and out but Low is completely useless for 90 minuets.

HE set up both gaols which is all you can ask.

IMO Fryatt did less than MOMO

He won a damn sight more flick ons than Low ever did and his pass for Hume was as good as I have seen all season. OK so he fades in and out but Low is completely useless for 90 minuets.

HE set up both gaols which is all you can ask.

IMO Fryatt did less than MOMO

I think "set up" both goals is an exaggeration. "Had a hand in." is more accurate. Nor do I think there's any argument over whether Sylla has been more effective than Low. The question is whether Momo's a good player and, sorry to say, in the 40-odds games he's played in Leicester colours, there's not been much evidence of that. Only signs of an improvement, which is welcomed.

I think "set up" both goals is an exaggeration. "Had a hand in." is more accurate. Nor do I think there's any argument over whether Sylla has been more effective than Low. The question is whether Momo's a good player and, sorry to say, in the 40-odds games he's played in Leicester colours, there's not been much evidence of that. Only signs of an improvement, which is welcomed.

Again it's one rule for one, one rule for another.

If Porter had done what Sylla did yesterday, you wouldn't be trying to denigrate his part in the goals. Numerous people who went to the game have applauded Sylla's pass for Hume's goal.

And you don't care about Fryatt's goals last season because it's only this season that counts, while Sylla is derided for all of his performances including last season.

That's not to say I disagree with you, just that it would be nice if you could be consistent in your criteria for praise.

Again it's one rule for one, one rule for another.

If Porter had done what Sylla did yesterday, you wouldn't be trying to denigrate his part in the goals. Numerous people who went to the game have applauded Sylla's pass for Hume's goal.

And you don't care about Fryatt's goals last season because it's only this season that counts, while Sylla is derided for all of his performances including last season.

That's not to say I disagree with you, just that it would be nice if you could be consistent in your criteria for praise.

Ouch :pinch:

:thumbup::whistle:

Well the first goal was undeniably an assist, I've not been a big fan of Momo but from yesterdays match he was in my opinion at least the 3rd most effective player on the pitch with his contributions not only from his wing position but in midfield and defence, unfortunately his run is more of a gait and therefore gives the impression rightly or wrongly that he his lazy, can't be asked.

Of course he needs to perform better than yesterday and consistently but I could say that about 9 other players yesterday and at least 6 on a regular basis..

Ouch :pinch:

:thumbup::whistle:

a) I have not denigrated his part in the goals but tried to stick to the facts. Indeed I have praised Sylla for his assist on several threads. What I said was the he didn't make the second goal, simply had a hand in it which is not the same. I used exactly the same criteria in ignoring as an assist an occasion some weeks ago when Porter leap to challenge an opponent who promptly gave the ball away for Leicester to score.

b) Regarding Fryatt - although assists help, the only currency a striker lives by is goals. And Fryatt has not looked anything like the striker he was last season, a fact reflected in his lack of goals. No-one's asking if Fryatt has been a good player or not. He demonstrably was a good player last season.

c) Sylla offered no evidence dthat he was a good player last season. He failed to score or make a single goal in over 20 matches... a shocking statistic for a professional footballer. So in asking whether he's the answer to our right wing problem it is perfectly reasonable to consider his overall contribution in just the same way as it was remembered that Stearman had a perfectly good spell in the first team last season before his hiccup at the start of this.

Sylla, unfortunately, has never had a good spell and, although he is certainly enjoying better form in his few recent matches, there seems to be a lot of posters who still don't think his form equates to "good".

I agree with davieG. Sylla skinned his man on several occasions yesterday, arguably set up two goals and gave his bit in and around our area. I've been part of the "Sylla's shit" brigade in the past but going by his current form (which is all that matters) he deserves to hold his place. :thumbup:

Was it just me or was anybody fairly/very suprised by Momo Sylla's performance today? He sounded pretty busy throughout, actually got at defenders and played in some decent crosses. He also set up Iain Hume for the first goal.

How do you lot feel about his performance?

Shocking.

Shocking.

lol fair enough. Just from the way it seemed from commentary (albeit from John Barber) he seemed to have had a much better game than he usually does. I was looking for an opinion from everyone, not just people who listened on the radio but people at the game. Which so far I have had :thumbup:

Good when he could be bothered, lazy for the most part??

Don't believe 'em! :ph34r: He was commited yesterday but his lack of fitness let him down in the final 15 mins.

lol unless he ran himself into the ground, there's no excuse :P

Nah it sounded as though he was greatly improved yesterday, and I just wanted to get a rounded view that's all :thumbup::)

Archived