Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_jme

Momo Sylla

Was it just me or was anybody fairly/very suprised by Momo Sylla's performance today? He sounded pretty busy throughout, actually got at defenders and played in some decent crosses. He also set up Iain Hume for the first goal.

How do you lot feel about his performance?

A performance such as this (based on how it sounded on la radio) shows why RK has stuck with him and chosen to include him regularly just recently. He got at defenders (which is something he hasn't done everytime I've seen him play), put GOOD crosses in (again, something I have never seen him do), set up a GOAL (couldn't quite believe it meself) and earnt himself a yellow card for fouling someone. I hope he can keep it up (obviously not the yellow card thing, everything else though :P )

He had one of his best performances today and showed that he is capable of playing a good part for us this season. He picked out a good pass for Hume's goal and although at time he is still a little lazy he put in a good performance today!

Are all of you guys for real?? I thought he was awful and so did the rest of the guys sitting around me, judging by their reaction. OK he looked busy but when he was on the ball he did jack sh!t and his tackiling was crap at times.

he did ok today and played better than usual and though a slightly better option than low he still doesn't do enough.

1 great pass today to set up Hume is probably his only assist since he has been here?

also as a winger he needs to address the following

1 how many goals has he scored? 0

2 how many shots on target? 0?

3 how many crosses from the byline in his time here? less than 5?

4 how many dangerous crosses from anywhere? hard to say but definitely not as many as he should provide.

he worked harder today but sadly forus he is probably our current best option wide on the right which speaks volumes about the current ability of our squad.

Are all of you guys for real?? I thought he was awful and so did the rest of the guys sitting around me, judging by their reaction. OK he looked busy but when he was on the ball he did jack sh!t and his tackiling was crap at times.

He won more headers and directing them to Hume/Fryatt is this one game than Low has in all his games put together.

He played some lovely triangles with players beating their defence on 3/4 occasions, he set Hume up with a perfectly constructed lob/pass enabling him to run on and score, he almost managed a repeat. He had a strong presence in the box defending on more than one occasion. He beat his defender 2 or 3 times - his passing invariably went to a blue shirt.

True he faded later on but I thought from a purely constructive contribution to the cause he was one of the top 3 in the side - not that he had much to beat.

Was it just me or was anybody fairly/very suprised by Momo Sylla's performance today? He sounded pretty busy throughout, actually got at defenders and played in some decent crosses. He also set up Iain Hume for the first goal.

How do you lot feel about his performance?

Of course, we can judge only from the radio commentary.

Assuming that Barber did not use the wrong player names throughout the game,

Sylla did seem to get mentioned more than usual and he seems to have set up Hume's goal.

This (passing the ball to our attackers, when we have any) seems to be an area where we are

generally lacking, so his efforts were definitely welcome :)

And yes, I am quite surprised too!

Im not his biggest fan but at least he puts himself about more than any ****er else in his position.

He showed his ability with the first ball to Hume that resulted in a goal , he just needs to be more consistent.

Would rather him be playin' than that joker Low.

He won more headers and directing them to Hume/Fryatt is this one game than Low has in all his games put together.

He played some lovely triangles with players beating their defence on 3/4 occasions, he set Hume up with a perfectly constructed lob/pass enabling him to run on and score, he almost managed a repeat. He had a strong presence in the box defending on more than one occasion. He beat his defender 2 or 3 times - his passing invariably went to a blue shirt.

True he faded later on but I thought from a purely constructive contribution to the cause he was one of the top 3 in the side - not that he had much to beat.

Very well said, agree %100

he was great today and it was his ball that lead to both goals, hume rounded the keeper directly and levi pick up a loose ball from a blocked shot, thoes that keep slating him are the same bunch of pillocks that will never accept that we need williams in the team to get the most out of hume and fryatt going forward

he was great today and it was his ball that lead to both goals, hume rounded the keeper directly and levi pick up a loose ball from a blocked shot, thoes that keep slating him are the same bunch of pillocks that will never accept that we need williams in the team to get the most out of hume and fryatt going forward

Actually I'm not all that keen on Williams :P but we do have a lot worse and very little choice.

Agreed, if peopel compared hi mto a decent player instead of sylla's standards he wouldn't look that good. If/When we get a good right winger in on loan then poepl might actually see sylla for what he is?

The only positives I can take from sylla are his crosses, but half the time he doesn't have the pace or trickery to get into crossing situations.

Agreed, if peopel compared hi mto a decent player instead of sylla's standards he wouldn't look that good. If/When we get a good right winger in on loan then poepl might actually see sylla for what he is?

The only positives I can take from sylla are his crosses, but half the time he doesn't have the pace or trickery to get into crossing situations.

Well if we do let's hope he's better than Welsh otherwise I'll stick with Sylla at the momo :P

Sorry to say I'm not convinced. I didn't watch him today but I've watched him on many occasions and he would have had to have changed beyond recognition to win my vote.

On the plus side he is clearly making more of a contribution than in the past which wouldn't have been difficult and he is making the odd goal either from open play or set pieces.

Sadly, it's what's missing that bothers me. His shooting technique is woeful and he doesn't really pose a threat around goal.

I suspect he may be quick in a straight line but not with a football. He tends to slow play down and it is not easy to read what he's going to do with ball or how quickly he's going to do it.

He's not good at getting his head off the ball and seeing the pictures and he's certainly not the greatest tackler or covering player. So where is the strength, the little extra, I say every player should have?

I'm saying nothing more about the game...just take it as read that I would otherwise be posting " :thumbup: " after every davieG post.

This is getting scary and people are going to start talking! :P

Archived