Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox123

KARAM RADWAN

DO NOT FALL INTO THE MONEY TRAP

BY KARAM RADWAN

10:15 - 14 November 2006

I can exclusively reveal that the other option for keeping Leicester City afloat financially was to sell several of our players to Crystal Palace for £30million!

I pity the poor Palace fans who are currently being guided to obscurity by Peter Taylor. Palace are currently right out of form in the Championship with just one point from their last six games.

But the master of the misguided comment is having none of it. Taylor was quoted after the latest defeat as saying he could understand the boos but they weren't as bad as they had been because the crowd saw a better performance.

The Palace fans are split between giving him a bit longer and getting rid of him now. I think City fans would be able to give some advice on that question.

I don't apologise for starting a column on the most important week for LCFC with a go at a former manager.

In fact, it seems quite appropriate as I believe that our dire position financially and our lowly status in the league can still be put fairly and squarely at his door. In my eyes, he started the long road to near-ruination after being trusted with millions to spend on tweaking the team left to him by Martin O'Neill.

If we can turn this round with outside investment, it seems worthwhile pointing out what Taylor is currently doing in order to focus minds that, even though we might soon have the money, it is only half the job done.

As someone once said: "Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping."

We can't afford for someone to fritter it away on poor players. Taylor continues to serve as a constant reminder of that.

In the past few days, that other Taylor - City chairman Andrew Taylor - has made all the right noises. He has said we can expect to know the outcome of the vote at an emergency general meeting on Saturday morning.

Listening to him talk, I heard some reassuring signs. He revealed the club has been talking with Milan Mandaric for about two months - longer than most of us had realised.

He conceded that without the Premiership parachute payments, something had to change this season.

And he assured fans that the shareholders, the majority of whom are all Leicester City fans who stepped in at the club's darkest hour, have nothing but the interests of the club and the fans at heart.

All this points to one decision. I think when the shareholders do make that right decision, we should all show them our gratitude for helping out the team at a time when the alternative was going out of existence.

So, the timetable for events looks to me as though there will be an announcement before Saturday's game against Preston at the Walkers Stadium.

And, even though Mandaric says he will not be there, now is the time to start thinking up an appropriate chant that does not involve just repeating his name over and over.

Oh Mandy seems to be the most popular at the moment, but let's see if anyone can do any better.

From the Mercury today sorry if already been published!

Short on substance I'd say.

Some detailed examples by way of warning how bad spending can be as bad as no spending might have provoked some worthwhile debate.

Cos, as I've touched on elsewhere, before you spend money on tools to do a job, someone needs to have a vision of what it is they want to make.

These last 16 months at Leicester I don't think there's been any concept of what finished article was required.

WHat's the guys point, he could have have said all that in 2 sentences...'money does not guarentee success, look what Peter Taylor did when we had some'...The End!!!!

He's a She :P

Archived