Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Player ratings at Wolves

Not a great turnout from our mob at Molineux today so I'm not expecting this thread to be too long.

Henderson 7 - Didn't seem to have an awful lot to do but did what he had to.

Stearman 7 - Would have been higher but for a first half full of hoofs up the touchline that Elvis had no hope in hell of getting. The kid next to me was yelling at Elvis all half for not chasing them down but with that sort of service anyone is liable to get frustrated.

Maybury 8 - Thought he was really solid today. Gobern was easily their best player in my opinion and Maybury dealt with him well, especially as he's not a natural left-back by a long chalk. Also showed that he cared when their goal went in. Presume he was appealing for offside? Took it a bit too far but I've not seen any player so pissed off by a goal for a long time.

Kisnorbo 8 - Marked Bothroyd really well. Some vital headers out.

McAuley 9* - Won everything in the air and wasn't beaten for pace which was amazing considering he was marking Jemal Johnson in the first half. No risky business, just made the clearance then headed out every resulting corner. Awesome display.

Hughes 5 - Did less than nothing, especially second half. Still better to have one nice touch from a decent player on an off-day than Josh Low wandering around wondering why it's a bit more tricky than League Two.

Williams 6 - One more point than Hughes for a bit more involvement and one or two lovely through balls in the first half but completely anonymous in the second half, they went right through us down the middle time and time again. Need more presence in the middle.

Tiatto 5 - Must have misplaced every single pass he made in the first half. Anonymous in the second. On this display, and at Southampton last day of last season, Tiatto and Williams is not a good combination.

Porter 7 - A bit more quality on the ball but didn't do an awful lot in between his decent first twenty minutes and the winner. Great little run for the goal, bit fortunate with the finish but deserved it for getting in such a decent position.

Hammond 7 - Again, one point for the goal where he did well to shrug off a challenge before the finish. Also a bit fortunate with the finish I thought, slightly mishit. But credit where it's due for scoring. Was raped in the second half and got a free kick given against him which was utterly ridiculous and had our fans up in arms. Not the greatest performance ever and needs to time his runs so much better to warrant a continued run in the first team. Must have been offside about six times. He had the beating of Craddock and Breen for pace yet insisted on playing off the last defender's shoulder. Ludicrous decision as he could have beaten them running from deeper every single time. Kelly needs to be held partly accountable for this.

Hume 7 - Didn't do a hell of a lot by his standards but wins balls he should never have a chance with. Was given very little service and his work rate is a delight to watch.

Not a great turnout from our mob at Molineux today so I'm not expecting this thread to be too long.

Henderson 7 - Didn't seem to have an awful lot to do but did what he had to.

Stearman 7 - Would have been higher but for a first half full of hoofs up the touchline that Elvis had no hope in hell of getting. The kid next to me was yelling at Elvis all half for not chasing them down but with that sort of service anyone is liable to get frustrated.

Maybury 8 - Thought he was really solid today. Gobern was easily their best player in my opinion and Maybury dealt with him well, especially as he's not a natural left-back by a long chalk. Also showed that he cared when their goal went in. Presume he was appealing for offside? Took it a bit too far but I've not seen any player so pissed off by a goal for a long time.

Kisnorbo 8 - Marked Bothroyd really well. Some vital headers out.

McAuley 9* - Won everything in the air and wasn't beaten for pace which was amazing considering he was marking Jemal Johnson in the first half. No risky business, just made the clearance then headed out every resulting corner. Awesome display.

Hughes 5 - Did less than nothing, especially second half. Still better to have one nice touch from a decent player on an off-day than Josh Low wandering around wondering why it's a bit more tricky than League Two.

Williams 6 - One more point than Hughes for a bit more involvement and one or two lovely through balls in the first half but completely anonymous in the second half, they went right through us down the middle time and time again. Need more presence in the middle.

Tiatto 5 - Must have misplaced every single pass he made in the first half. Anonymous in the second. On this display, and at Southampton last day of last season, Tiatto and Williams is not a good combination.

Porter 7 - A bit more quality on the ball but didn't do an awful lot in between his decent first twenty minutes and the winner. Great little run for the goal, bit fortunate with the finish but deserved it for getting in such a decent position.

Hammond 7 - Again, one point for the goal where he did well to shrug off a challenge before the finish. Also a bit fortunate with the finish I thought, slightly mishit. But credit where it's due for scoring. Was raped in the second half and got a free kick given against him which was utterly ridiculous and had our fans up in arms. Not the greatest performance ever and needs to time his runs so much better to warrant a continued run in the first team. Must have been offside about six times. He had the beating of Craddock and Breen for pace yet insisted on playing off the last defender's shoulder. Ludicrous decision as he could have beaten them running from deeper every single time. Kelly needs to be held partly accountable for this.

Hume 7 - Didn't do a hell of a lot by his standards but wins balls he should never have a chance with. Was given very little service and his work rate is a delight to watch.

That sounds like a cracking summary. :thumbup:

Henderson 7 - Glad hes back in very good with crosses and kicking much better than Logans

Stearman 7 - very good defensively didnt go forward much though

Mcauley 9 - Paddy Mac surely can't force his way back in after that! The guy was great.

Kisnorbo 8 - More great defending when we needed it.

Maybury 7 - Very steady game, felt more confident with him today.

Levi 8 - constant threat and great goal

Williams 7 - Great to see him back, best is still to come

Tiatto 5 - running all over in midfield, always prone to loose the ball in bad positions which he did on a few occasions.

Hughes 6 - Slightly out of position but did well considering RM is not he natural position.

Huuuuuuuuume 6 - Good work rate again but at times Hammond was left alone as Hume drifted

Hammond 8 - Thought he did really well, good workrate and well taken goal, always a threat if at times unpredictable.

Henderson 7 - Glad hes back in very good with crosses and kicking much better than Logans

Mcauley 9 - Paddy Mac surely can't force his way back in after that! The guy was great.

Tiatto 5 - running all over in midfield, always prone to loose the ball in bad positions which he did on a few occasions.

Hughes 6 - Slightly out of position but did well considering RM is not he natural position.

Huuuuuuuuume 6 - Good work rate again but at times Hammond was left alone as Hume drifted

Hammond 8 - Thought he did really well, good workrate and well taken goal, always a threat if at times unpredictable.

That's exactly what I'd have said. Well done Elvis today and McAuley especially who was outstanding.

Sums up today perfectly :thumbup:

Haha. Thanks... Unfortunately the last two of those comments were related to Sheephead's ratings, not mine. Joint management team, perhaps. :thumbup:

Goddammit. If it wasn't for you and those dratted kids I'd have got away with it too....

230px-Scooby-doo-velma-10000voltg.jpg

Archived