Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MONreborn

Rob Kelly, Still behind him?

I definitely think he is way too cautious, he has to attack. I mean we've got the attacking players (as far as I'm concerned more than half of what makes an attacker good is how fast he is, I mean round the keeper and anyone, except for Ade Akinbiyi, can score in an empty net) so lets just attack.

But I will be behind Kelly until the end of the season, then I will review things. ;)

Why would you want to give someone a one in a million chance for us from MM?

Surely you'd want a manager in who you know is going to buy quality, and spend the money wisely. This money injection is not going to happen again if RK messes it up. We need to get someone in who knows what they are doing in the market and is a respected name.

Rob Kelly is a good coach in my eyes and will always be. Just dont trust him with possibly our only chance of getting back to the premiership in the next few years.

Surely you'd want a manager in who you know is going to buy quality, and spend the money wisely. This money injection is not going to happen again if RK messes it up. We need to get someone in who knows what they are doing in the market and is a respected name.

Rob Kelly is a good coach in my eyes and will always be. Just dont trust him with possibly our only chance of getting back to the premiership in the next few years.

Quote from todays rag;

May be a respected coach, but when the flak hit the fan, its hard to imagine him inspiring his men

No not Rob Kelly...........Uncle Les Reed (An ex Manager)

Frankly, If i was Kelly i'd take a pay off and go somewhere else if Milan Brings in a new Manager as it's more than likely they will want there own people in anyway. As for Dowie are there any other serious candidates for the Job who are either out of Work or doing a good job elsewhere who seriously want to come here. Mind you "Larry Grayson" seems to be doing a good job at Blackpool at the moment.

I will support him yes but in an ideal world I'd rather we were not under his stewardship. We should be looking in front not constantly over our shoulders. Yes he hasn't had money to get us near the play-offs and I respect that but if he could see how bad the likes of JLow and AJ are then we would be higher. The squad has the potential to be top-half and we are currently 16th. The players are perhaps not over-extending themselves enough but the finger of blame must lie at the manager's door, it always does.

The recent unbeaten run has lifted us away from trouble and bought the boss a little more time.

And bearing in mind that Mandaric was very supportive of him even after the Sheff Wed game I can't see any change this season.

A top 10 finish is still within reach, especially if we can bring in a right-winger and a striker. That might be enough to earn another season at the helm for RK.

Not behind him. I wonder whether, when we look like being safe and could finish upper mid-table, if Kelly will continue to get us picking up results and points, or whether he will be content to start nicking points again, putting us on a losing run and seeing us further under-achieve/slide down the table?? Hmm...

I really cant believe how shortsighted football supporters have become. I do not think RK is the best manager in the league by any means, but if you just stand back and look at the situation when he took over as manager of the club then surely he has to be given a chance. City were almost certainties for relegation when he took over from Levein.... he had no money, no new players, a team with no confidance and he managed to transform them into a team that showed, almost, play off form for most of the remainder of the season.

This season he, again, with no available transfer funds managed to hold on to the best of our young players, and bring in a couple of new signings, I know most people on here will say that at least two of which were a waste of resources but when you have no funds to play with then unfortunately you have to take a bit of a gamble. I personally thought that Andy Johnson was an excellent signing at the time, and although most wont admit it I'm pretty sure that a few others did as well. OK Josh Low has probably not come up to the mark, but few would say that Macauly wasnt worth a try.

Leicester City is still a pretty big club with a lot of potential, and RK has been under pressure from day one, and I for one think he has handled it pretty well.

To be fair he always said that season would be a struggle with ups and downs and the limitations of a small inexperienced squad, but we are now nearer to the playoffs than the relegation zone so I reckon that if MM does come in and provide some funds then Rob should be given his chance to prove himself to his many doubters

I really cant believe how shortsighted football supporters have become. I do not think RK is the best manager in the league by any means, but if you just stand back and look at the situation when he took over as manager of the club then surely he has to be given a chance. City were almost certainties for relegation when he took over from Levein.... he had no money, no new players, a team with no confidance and he managed to transform them into a team that showed, almost, play off form for most of the remainder of the season.

This season he, again, with no available transfer funds managed to hold on to the best of our young players, and bring in a couple of new signings, I know most people on here will say that at least two of which were a waste of resources but when you have no funds to play with then unfortunately you have to take a bit of a gamble. I personally thought that Andy Johnson was an excellent signing at the time, and although most wont admit it I'm pretty sure that a few others did as well. OK Josh Low has probably not come up to the mark, but few would say that Macauly wasnt worth a try.

Leicester City is still a pretty big club with a lot of potential, and RK has been under pressure from day one, and I for one think he has handled it pretty well.

To be fair he always said that season would be a struggle with ups and downs and the limitations of a small inexperienced squad, but we are now nearer to the playoffs than the relegation zone so I reckon that if MM does come in and provide some funds then Rob should be given his chance to prove himself to his many doubters

You make some good points there, and generally I agree with what you say. :thumbup:

However, I think that what annoys most fans is that he often seems to have no real ambition, sending out defensively minded teams in order to hold the other team rather than to attack. We'll always be indebted to him for saving us from relegation, but I'm not totally convinced that he's the man to take us forward. ;)

Archived