Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MONreborn

Rob Kelly, Still behind him?

We are faced with this opportunity at the moment, yet we still can't seem to take it up, and are maybe in danger of letting it pass us by. Our team lacks quality throughout and our manager is not up to the required standards. If the takeover deal (the opportunity I referred to) isn't wrapped up soon, 2007 could be another poor year for the Foxes.

I am so anxious now about this deal. Like pretty much every other city fan, I just want this deal done and dusted.

If we don't get this deal I don't think we will get back into the Premiership for a very long time.

I am so anxious now about this deal. Like pretty much every other city fan, I just want this deal done and dusted.

If we don't get this deal I don't think we will get back into the Premiership for a very long time.

I want the deal to happen, be completed in time for the transfer window and us to bring in a couple of players to strengthen a poor squad. I think Milan even said originally that he wanted to be in before Christmas, but, like everything involving our club, something had to go wrong! If we don't conclude this takeover deal, we're going to be cash-strapped for an extremely long time, will have to sell our better players and bring even more Low/Johnson type players, which in turn could see us spiral down the league(s). That isn't to say that if Kelly is given cash he will invest in good players. If his moves in the market are anything like his tactics, we'll be done for even with cash!!

I want the deal to happen, be completed in time for the transfer window and us to bring in a couple of players to strengthen a poor squad. I think Milan even said originally that he wanted to be in before Christmas, but, like everything involving our club, something had to go wrong! If we don't conclude this takeover deal, we're going to be cash-strapped for an extremely long time, will have to sell our better players and bring even more Low/Johnson type players, which in turn could see us spiral down the league(s). That isn't to say that if Kelly is given cash he will invest in good players. If his moves in the market are anything like his tactics, we'll be done for even with cash!!

I don't think we'll ever be relegated from the Championship but I don't think we'll ever get out of there unless we have some substatial financial backing from somewhere.

My view is that we will just be Championship also-rans for a long time coming... <_<

He did well for us last season but this season has left me cold , the last straw being the Shef. wed. debacle.

It would take a major performance to erase that from my memory and i do not think Kelly has it in him , unfortunately.

I'm sorry but i have to disagree.

The sheffield wednesday performance was solid enough we just got undone by a stupid ref and some real wonder goals. Even when we were down to 10 men we were battling well and could of got the equaliser.

People need to remember the results that Kelly churned out of an average set of players last season, with a fully fit midfield combo of weso and williams and a right winger we can go push up the table for sure. With Fryatt also about to resume full fitness and , hopefully, the addition of a target man, the strikes should also raise their game.

I am full bhind him and unles we have a shocking xmas period (as per usual lol ) i think he should be given a season or two yet.

I thought Welsh had his best performance for us this season (which wasn't hard really). He managed to get past a couple of players and get crosses in.

Low is a complete joke.

Why would you bring on Weso who is a centre midfielder???

Weso played extremely well in that position last position last season at QPR and I'm sure he would have added some much needed bite in midfield. However, on further evaluation, I agree Welsh was alright but still a bit too lightweight. Weso for right wing!

I don't think we'll ever be relegated from the Championship but I don't think we'll ever get out of there unless we have some substatial financial backing from somewhere.

My view is that we will just be Championship also-rans for a long time coming... <_<

I wouldn't be too sure. Forest must surely have thought they'd never be relegated from the Championship, and look what happened to them! We really do need financial backing though, money is everything in the game today, and without it we aren't going to improve at all.

I think Kelly proved why he is not up to the job.

The loud growning (and some booing) every time Low made a cock up imo was as much aimed at Kellys bizarre discission to play him as aimed at Low

Replacing Low with a left winger playing out of position also bizarre, changing formation or moving Elvis to RW would of been a better solution

Fryatt replacing Elvis was basically like for like, 2 under performing strikers playing a similar style

wheres the plan B?, teams must love playing us, suss our static game plan the 1st 5 minutes

Rob kelly all the way!

As in Jingle Bells? Seriously, I don't mind people posting a different viewpoint to mine, but on what basis does Kelly deserve to stay in the job? As I've said before, I'm thankful to him for saving us from certain relegation last season, but it seems as though he can only get the team playing when they're staring relegation in the face (back end of last season, earlier this season and again at the minute). I'm not (and nor will many other people) going to be content with having to consider relegation as a serious possibility before the team starts picking up results.

I've backed him the whole time.

He's disappointed me on occasion with some ill-conceived substitutions and baffling starting line-ups. I thought we had gotten over Low recently, but he's made a comeback and that's distressing as he's fooking pants.

But the starting 11 last week was highly acceptable to me with what we've got. I'd rather have Weso starting, but we all know how unlikely that is under the circumstances... :(

One way or another, a change of manager at this point in time isn't really all that useful - we still need money, we would probably have to sell a prize asset to manage it - with or without Mandaric!

:ph34r:

RK still has my backing for now.

I would only be pleased about his sacking if Pardew was the replacement.

Kelly Out! Pardew In!

...failing that, bearing in mind the recurrent rumours [deep intake of breath], Dowie :ph34r:

Kelly, he's always seemed a nice guy, but he a totally hopless manager and we can and should do much better.

Weso played extremely well in that position last position last season at QPR and I'm sure he would have added some much needed bite in midfield. However, on further evaluation, I agree Welsh was alright but still a bit too lightweight. Weso for right wing!

weso didn't play on the wing joey did with hughes on the left weso is far to strong in the centre to waste on the wing, hughes when fit will play there and weso will eventually replace tiatto

mcauley has been good signing, kenton's a steady player, a good squad member, johnson's not as bad as some people on here say, he's an experianced international obviously bought to help some of the younger players.

as for low, well i can't argue there. but let's not forget that these were all free signings.

He's a clapped out old man who is here for his pay cheque. Johnsons every bit as bad as people on here say and IMO worse. He hasn't played well for 90 minutes since he arrive here.

despite all the points that are made against mr Kelly atm i actually like him, k yer he makes mistakes and maybe more than most but he is new to all this, but unfortuantly that plonker of a goalkeeper coach slash assistant manager mike stowell has to much inpact on the team, i beleive it is him who wants to play Low, stowell did an interview a while ago saying how good low was and giving him nothing but praise.

aidy boothroyd would be an ace one imho

but i doubt he'll leave he's done such a good thing at watford and even tho they are bottom i think he will stay there for a couple more seasons

chris coleman would be i good i think

if he gets the sack

aidy boothroyd would be an ace one imho

but i doubt he'll leave he's done such a good thing at watford and even tho they are bottom i think he will stay there for a couple more seasons

chris coleman would be i good i think

if he gets the sack

lollollol xmas is great for wishes!!!

Still behind him, he has won / performed well in the games he needed to recently. He's done well with no cash (critics of Kelly will point out shortcomings in players like Low, but will not go as far as naming alternatives that were available as freebies during that period), and will do well once he has coin to play with.

He at least deserves the opportunity to bring in players and prove himself as a manager of a team that will be expected to establish themselves as top-half performers or promotion hopefuls.

Totally in agreeance with DanTheFox

It is all too easy to criticise RK who has had to buy past their prime players with sweet f.a funds. Would there be the same criticisms if he had MM's funds over the break and been able to put out some solid bids for players that were out of his financial reach? I doubt it. He deserves a chance with any money that might be forthcoming. If he doesn't do well then look elsewhere. I can't see Dowie being any wiser with Milans millions. Not unless he can sweet talk either of the Bent boys to come to the Walkers!!

Archived