Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MONreborn

Rob Kelly, Still behind him?

I have been behind him and still am for all of this shocking campaign. However, today his matchday choices left me baffled.

He fails to change from his 4-4-2 even though we had no right winger today, and then he brought on Welsh instead of Weso to go on the right.

We could have beaten this cardiff side with a bit of conviction to attacking, don't feed me this bull about attacking till the end kelly, cos we lost all impetus. I for one would have kept all three strikers on and even pushed mcauley up as an emergency centre forward. Draws get you no where in this league, rob needs to realise this.

We have lost the same amount of games as colchester this season, yet they are 8th and in contention for the play offs. There have been so many games where we could have gone on to win (and lose yes) with some real attacking impetus. So what if we lose sometimes, i'd rather have 2 wins and 1 loss then three draws, and even 1 win and 3 losses. Attack attack attack is the best policy. Our defence is solid enough so whats the problem with such an approach?

The fans would also like such attacking football cos deep down we know that this team is not good enough to challenge at the top so attacking football my just bring the fans back.

Don't get me wrong thought, i am still funny behind kelly. I believe he is the best manager we have had since MON, theres just some things which do get to me. He is too cautious. However, I hope he will learn....

i dno't think anyone could have done any better with the money he's had to spend. ok so low's been a bad buy but how many people on this forum have been raving on about certain players at lower league clubs that we ought to sign. the fact is it's always a gamble.

i dno't think anyone could have done any better with the money he's had to spend. ok so low's been a bad buy but how many people on this forum have been raving on about certain players at lower league clubs that we ought to sign. the fact is it's always a gamble.

Agree..but if the MM deal goes through he will have to stand down because the new main man won't gamble with our Championship standing and will put someone in immediately to ensure we stay up!

That probably means dire but effective football for the rest of the season though! :(

I'm still backing him, much to Thrac's annoyance.

Yes things could be better, but that's always going to be the case. It's so easy to play the hypothetical football manager on internet forums with perfect 20-20 hindsight - we'd all do things differently after the game wouldn't we?

We aren't going to get relegated under him - and we need to give him time to see how he will build a team.

All life is a gamble pal and as the SAS saying goes "Who Dares Wins".

But knowing what you're trying to achieve in the first place helps, choosing your best personnel cuts the risk of failure and identifying what's missing and supplementing from outside completes the picture. Do we tick any of those three boxes?

Not from what I've seen.

As for the hindsight Anish mentioned I figured Kelly for the cautious, unimaginative, defence orientated "hard-to-beat" foot soldier he has since confirmed on day one against Southampton in the Cup - and got a volley from Babylon for saying as much.

I explained why we'd be struggling and short of goals in the summer and I have since tried hard to give him the chance to change.

But where is the evidence of any change, of any team development, of any progress with our style of play, of any strengthening of our weaknesses, of any tactical imagination, of even having a team that is fit enough for the job?

There is none that I can see.

All life is a gamble pal and as the SAS saying goes "Who Dares Wins".

But knowing what you're trying to achieve in the first place helps, choosing your best personnel cuts the risk of failure and identifying what's missing and supplementing from outside completes the picture. Do we tick any of those three boxes?

Not from what I've seen.

of course lifes a gamble, but you don't win las vegas style jackpots putting on a pound eachway at ladbrokes.

of course lifes a gamble, but you don't win las vegas style jackpots putting on a pound eachway at ladbrokes.

I do wish people would stop making money the excuse for everything Kelly does wrong.

Lots of managers make progress with little or no money and he's always had the chance to wheel and deal.

In such as he's done I've not been impressed, apart from McAuley.

I do wish people would stop making money the excuse for everything Kelly does wrong.

Lots of managers make progress with little or no money and he's always had the chance to wheel and deal.

In such as he's done I've not been impressed, apart from McAuley.

mcauley has been good signing, kenton's a steady player, a good squad member, johnson's not as bad as some people on here say, he's an experianced international obviously bought to help some of the younger players.

as for low, well i can't argue there. but let's not forget that these were all free signings.

i thought welsh played quite well, certainly a hell of a lot better then Low managed

Only by a small margin was he better than Low. Where were Hughes and Stearman today?

I am behind Kelly at the moment and will continue to be unless we drop into the bottom 3.

I don't believe Kelly is the man to take us into the top flight. Unfortunate because he is a great guy, but that's not enough.

The players he's bought in have been steady squad players, and with the money available to him that's about as much as I could hope for. I think his team selections verge on the bizarre at times.

We won't get relegated under him, and we are slowly but surely improving, but we won't ever be making the Premiership with him.

Only by a small margin was he better than Low. Where were Hughes and Stearman today?

I am behind Kelly at the moment and will continue to be unless we drop into the bottom 3.

steamrna was banned after collecting his 5th yellow while hughes was ill

Haven't been behind Kelly for a while. 7 points out of 9 is an improvement, but a couple more games unbeaten with clean sheets could easily be cancelled out by a run such as the November one. I still don't think Kelly is doing a good enough job to take us forward and push us up the table. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong, but I've been hoping this for a while now and haven't seen evidence of it.

mcauley has been good signing, kenton's a steady player, a good squad member, johnson's not as bad as some people on here say, he's an experianced international obviously bought to help some of the younger players.

as for low, well i can't argue there. but let's not forget that these were all free signings.

1st of all I think he has to go still which I indicate every week with my Kelly Out! song which no one eles joins in with! I do have some sympathy of course as its a difficult situation, and money does play a huge part in your abilities to change your fortunes on the pitch. In the Championship there are a slect few teams with loadsa money (Harry Enfield style) who can almost buy a playoff place, but having said that Cardiff are not blessed with riches or Colchester, Stoke (without the loans) Burnley, & people put these successes down to good management although the ability to bring in the odd loan is more than the LCFC board are able, therefore Mr Mandaric is needed more now than ever so we can get back to the dizzy heights of playoffs. We are after all only eight points from relegation / being in contention so its not too late to decide our own season with the right help, & it looks like RK will be here unless we decline even with Milans cash!

He did well for us last season but this season has left me cold , the last straw being the Shef. wed. debacle.

It would take a major performance to erase that from my memory and i do not think Kelly has it in him , unfortunately.

I have been behind him and still am for all of this shocking campaign. However, today his matchday choices left me baffled.

He fails to change from his 4-4-2 even though we had no right winger today, and then he brought on Welsh instead of Weso to go on the right.

I thought Welsh had his best performance for us this season (which wasn't hard really). He managed to get past a couple of players and get crosses in.

Low is a complete joke.

Why would you bring on Weso who is a centre midfielder???

We wont get relegated with Kelly in charge. Is he the man to get us promoted though?

No way.

Let's be realistic- we won't be promoted in the next 10 years unless we get some money to buy some players. We just don't have enough quality in the team or a good enough manager .

No way.

Let's be realistic- we won't be promoted in the next 10 years unless we get some money to buy some players. We just don't have enough quality in the team or a good enough manager .

We are faced with this opportunity at the moment, yet we still can't seem to take it up, and are maybe in danger of letting it pass us by. Our team lacks quality throughout and our manager is not up to the required standards. If the takeover deal (the opportunity I referred to) isn't wrapped up soon, 2007 could be another poor year for the Foxes.

Archived