Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

What album did you get for christmas

The NME used to be synonymous with (fairly) high quality music journalism and rampant Moz-baiting. I bought a copy about a year ago (strictly for the articles, you'll understand) and it's become a dumbed-down silly Look-In style teen comic that actually likes Stephen Patrick.

Anything that bears the NME seal of approval is most likely to be pap. Things were better in my day. Facto.

' date='Dec 29 2006, 12:55 AM' post='487641']

That makes more sense than my post but Nationwider is intelligent, it's a given.

Gone are the days when NME used to be about searching out new bands, now it just seems to be about increasing the hype for about 10 mainstream indie bands, which change around as time moves on.

The thing I don't get is people who have a go at the NME for overhyping bands but then have a go at the same bands for being overhyped. That makes no sense. Couple of issues with free CDs asides, I haven't bought the NME for four years yet a few of the bands I like would probably get derided by some as "overhyped NME bands". Personally I couldn't care less what the NME thinks of my favourite popular beat combos as long as I dig their grooves.

Would you care to explain why??

I think its good.

9844459.JPG

Ok, I'd only seen the cover until I just checked the tracklist. There ARE about three tracks I like and in general it's not that bad if you're an indie fan. But when I saw it sitting there in HMV the other day I wanted to undo my belt, pull my trousers down and take a big massive shit. 'Essential bands' yes, if you're a moron. Keane, Razorlight, Snow Patrol - it's just really obvious.

Archived