Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

What album did you get for christmas

I got an album by The Dualers who are a Ska Duo (ex buskers) from kent my friend recommended them as they were on the same line up when they played rock city the other week.

it's not bad to be fair, very mellow although not quite to the standard of The King Blues

Snap. :thumbup:

Also got Empire by Kasabian and Stop The Clocks by Oasis.

Wow, my 365th post. One for every day of the year. :D

I got Costello music too, and Empire for my Dad but someone else also got him it >.< But I'll load his music on my iTunes anyway so in effect I also got Empire and Sam's Town.

Would you care to explain why??

I think its good.

NME is as embarassing as my attempted spelling of embarassing.

If you want a magazine that overhypes average bands then go wild, there's much batter "indie" bands out there than what they bosh out week in week out.

Seriously, are bands like the Artic Monkeys really that good?

This is more a go at the magazine, I have no idea about the cd because I'd rather do something really not enjoyable (I'm on the ball today) than trust NME to make a compilation.

I'm too tired to make coherent arguments, someone else do it for me.

The NME used to be synonymous with (fairly) high quality music journalism and rampant Moz-baiting. I bought a copy about a year ago (strictly for the articles, you'll understand) and it's become a dumbed-down silly Look-In style teen comic that actually likes Stephen Patrick.

Anything that bears the NME seal of approval is most likely to be pap. Things were better in my day. Facto.

The NME used to be synonymous with (fairly) high quality music journalism and rampant Moz-baiting. I bought a copy about a year ago (strictly for the articles, you'll understand) and it's become a dumbed-down silly Look-In style teen comic that actually likes Stephen Patrick.

Anything that bears the NME seal of approval is most likely to be pap. Things were better in my day. Facto.

That makes more sense than my post but Nationwider is intelligent, it's a given.

Gone are the days when NME used to be about searching out new bands, now it just seems to be about increasing the hype for about 10 mainstream indie bands, which change around as time moves on.

Archived