Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Foxes Trust Board Elections 2007

Fancy changing it from within, or supporting their work? Get yourself nominated and grasp some power! Half-time sandwiches and soup come free...

FOXES TRUST BOARD ELECTIONS 2007

Early in 2007, the Trust will hold elections for the Board.

We hope that you will consider standing to join the team who set the future direction, and run the Trust on a day to day basis, on behalf of you, the members. Whether you are Member who fully agrees with how the Trust is ran, or feel a change is required, please consider standing, this is your chance to influence the future direction of the Trust.

Last year, Leigh Nethercott and John Adcock successfully stood for election, having been co-opted to board during the previous 12 months. Although Leigh has now stood down due to work commitments. Ian Bason and Alan Digby were re-elected. The Trust thanks everyone who has contributed at all levels over the last year.

This year by rotation Ian Guyler and Paula Aldred will stand down and offer themselves for re-election. Also following last years AGM and various positive suggestions made by Matt Davis, he was co-opted to the Board in the Central and Local Government Liaison role and he is now standing for an elected position.

So what does a Board Member do?

Each Board Member is given an area of responsibility, and we try to ensure that each Member covers an area of interest and/or expertise for them. All Board Members contribute fully to any decisions taken. The Board generally meets Bi-Monthly, normally on a Tuesday evening, with E-meetings (reports by e-mail) in between, and much of the ongoing work is done by e-mail

Currently the Board has three vacant positions:

Events

Fund Raising

Press Officer

So how do I stand for election?

Anyone wishing to stand must complete a Nomination Form.

These are available by writing to the Trust Office or by sending an e-mail to [email protected]. A copy of the Election Rules will also be sent.

You must be nominated and seconded by two other Trust members. Also you are required to write an “Election Statementâ€Â. This must be more than 400 but no more than 1000 words, and should include information on what you would bring to the Trust Board. These must then be sent to me: (mark envelope BEN - Private & Confidential) Mr A G Digby, Foxes Trust, PO Box 7036, Leicester, LE2 7WR.

Closing Date is Monday 29th January 2007.

The envelopes will be opened by a Member of The Rams Trust (our independent election observer). If the number of applicants is more than the maximum number of Board positions available then a postal ballot will take place over the next 4 weeks, with the results declared at the AGM.

The Trust AGM will take place on Monday 26th February 2007, at the Walkers Stadium, Leicester with a 7.30pm start. Last Year Rob Kelly joined us for his 1st Q&A with the fans. This year we will have Andrew Taylor – Chairman of LCFC, as our guest for the Evening and a Q&A session.

Foxes Trust

Your Club, Your Voice

for latest news visit www.foxestrust.com

A chance for all those cdritics and moaners to stand by their mouth and contribute something worth while to the club

You might say that - but some of us have tried for months to inspire some changes at Leicester via this forum and the great advantage is in having our independence.

I had thought about joining the Trust and standing as Press Officer but the minute I do that my independence is compromised and I am suddenly the voice of a body who's opinion I might not agree with.

Already so many well heard commentators on Leicester City are stiffled - be it The Birch because the club pay his wages, the local media people who don't want to compromise their press tickets, media room facilities, interview courtesies and nearly free refreshments by becoming too critical of the club or the Foxes Trust who are bound to respect a private and confidential clause in respect of all that goes on in the City boardroom.

So what exactly would an independent person gain by joining The Foxes Trust. I am all ears.

As for contribution in the meantime I reckon about £400-600 a year goes from my pocket directly or less directly into Leicester City coffers, not counting other sundry expenses incurred in watching Leicester City - and that has been the case for many of the last 50 years.

So don't try and give me a guilty conscience for being critical.

Will you be at Southampton Saturday?

You might say that - but some of us have tried for months to inspire some changes at Leicester via this forum and the great advantage is in having our independence.

Just my opinion, but if you seriously think any changes would be inspired by any postings on any forum you really are deluding yourself.

We know for a fact that Andrew Taylor & Tim Davies who basically run the club do not read message boards, the Trust speaks to them both regularly, so involvement in the Trust board offers direct access to the decision makers & we have had indications from MM's representative that this would remain the situation if the takeover goes ahead.

I had thought about joining the Trust and standing as Press Officer but the minute I do that my independence is compromised and I am suddenly the voice of a body who's opinion I might not agree with.

Already so many well heard commentators on Leicester City are stiffled - be it The Birch because the club pay his wages, the local media people who don't want to compromise their press tickets, media room facilities, interview courtesies and nearly free refreshments by becoming too critical of the club or the Foxes Trust who are bound to respect a private and confidential clause in respect of all that goes on in the City boardroom.

So what exactly would an independent person gain by joining The Foxes Trust. I am all ears.

Does an independent person = a dictator?

If you are part of the team running a democratic organisation it will always be true that on some occasions you will need to communicate things you don't personally fully support, however the idea of having a board is to discuss issues in detail & come to a consensus viewpoint even over the most difficult issues.

Equally as a board you have to listen to your members.

However being a board member gives you the ability to put across your individual viewpoint & this may sway others & become Trust policy on an issue. A well thought out & reasoned arguement can persuade all present to back your viewpoint, equally though you have to accept having total opposition to some points & then backing the overall board standpoint publically.

Of course, if you want to attend this meeting, let alone vote or stand for office, you'll have to make sure your membership's up to date.

But I'm sure that if you're interested, the Trust will be taking payments on the night..

Of course, if you want to attend this meeting, let alone vote or stand for office, you'll have to make sure your membership's up to date.

But I'm sure that if you're interested, the Trust will be taking payments on the night..

You can attend on the night yes, but not join & stand for election. (The Trust board can co-opt board members if they offer a skill the board lacks)

The election results will be announced at the AGM, you have to be a declared candidate by 29th Jan as detailed in the notice to members.

Archived