Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest big chris at the back of g2

how good is rob kelly?

Even if Mandy were to give RK a £10m advance tomorrow, he might not be able to spend it.

Other managers in this league already active in the market have a name and/or a record with which to attract potential targets. Kelly has neither.

An example is Carlos Edwards, who would have been an ideal signing for us. But even if we'd had the transfer funds and been able to match whatever terms Sunderland offered him, would he really have preferred us to the mackems? I suspect not.

Kelly and his backroom staff are part of the problem, not the solution.

Spot on, players need a face to the name. You can't just say you're a big club, you have to act like it.

We`ve all gotta give Kelly a chance in the transfer market. He could be fantastic at spotting a player but he needs some money to see how he goes.

At least we have asquad of players who could be worth something one day or cabn improve, as aposed to the donkeys Micky Adams and Peter Taylor purchased who all cost us money (lol at Taylor who is still buying donkeys for Palace..Kuqi for nearly £3m???!!!).

Anyway, lets give him some cash to spend before he continues down the Cadamateri road!!!

We`ve all gotta give Kelly a chance in the transfer market. He could be fantastic at spotting a player but he needs some money to see how he goes.

At least we have asquad of players who could be worth something one day or cabn improve, as aposed to the donkeys Micky Adams and Peter Taylor purchased who all cost us money (lol at Taylor who is still buying donkeys for Palace..Kuqi for nearly £3m???!!!).

Anyway, lets give him some cash to spend before he continues down the Cadamateri road!!!

He doesn't deserve a chance.

Would it not be too big a risk though, like aforementioned in several other threads, Kelly does not have purchasing power so he is already at a disadvantage over most managers in the league

will rob kelly bring in good transfers and will have a chance of play offs or will he waste the money and have a dog fight for religation

Will Rob Kelly bring in good players? I highly doubt it. If he brings in anyone in the transfer window (either on loan or permanently), it's always likely that it'll be a defender, so he can make us harder to beat and therefore not lose games, resulting in us finishing around where we currently sit in the league.

Will we have a chance of playoffs? Again, I highly doubt it. With Kelly in charge, we will not be making the playoffs. He lacks that sort of ambition. I fear his signings (if there are any) will reflect this. We only appear to show anything like playoff form when we're in the relegation scrap. Which brings me nicely on to the next question...

Will he waste the money and get us locked in a relegation dogfight? Seems likely (the relegation fight). But not to worry. If he does, it won't be anything he isn't used to. Stearing us into that sort of predicament and then saving us from that very mess seems to be a speciality of his. I wouldn't be suprised to see us slip to around 20th in the league with 2 months of the season left, then going on a run of 9 or 10 games where we win 6 or 7, draw twice and lose only once, taking us away from the relegation zone, making Kelly look like a hero all over again. :rolleyes:

its goin through on the 13th and stearman might be goin villa for 2.5mill

If we were offered £1m for Stearman right now it would be a perfectly fair offer. We might squeeze a bit more out for add odds given that we all know he can play better than he has done so far this season and is at the start of his senior career.

My honest feeling is £750,000 plus up to the same in add ons is the best we can expect. He's not "value added" this season, for whatever reason

How good is Rob Kelly?

From OS

"TV NEWS Henderson Keeps Hopes High

Following the disappointing New Year's Day defeat to Sunderland, goalkeeper Paul Henderson insists the team will be working doubly hard on the training ground as they prepare for the visit of Fulham in the FA Cup."

Same old problems, same old solutions, same old excuses. The only thing that changes is the poor player who is rolled out to give the same sorry story after every game.

How good is Rob Kelly?

From OS

"TV NEWS Henderson Keeps Hopes High

Following the disappointing New Year's Day defeat to Sunderland, goalkeeper Paul Henderson insists the team will be working doubly hard on the training ground as they prepare for the visit of Fulham in the FA Cup."

Same old problems, same old solutions, same old excuses. The only thing that changes is the poor player who is rolled out to give the same sorry story after every game.

It's seems like its been going on longer than Rob Kelly too. I remember Adams used to say the same rubbish about working hard on the training ground after every bad result.

I think some lads on here are being harsh on Kelly.

He has NO cash to spend and lost arguably our best player on a Bosman last season (Gudjonsen). He hasnt done a Micky Adams or Craig Levein and buy a trailer full of old donkeys but has bought in players who look like improving the squad and from what I can read on this forum, McAuley has arguably been our best player this season and he cost nothing.

Having a go at someone before giving him at least a chance is unfair. We have no chance of getting into the playoffs and to those dillusional lot who think we can better the likes of Southampton and Sunderland in the play-offs need to take a reality check as they are spending millions on players and we are too far adrift anyway.

I`d back R Kelly for another 6 months to see what he has got to offer in the spending stakes. We owe him at least that for stopping us getting relegated last season.

I think some lads on here are being harsh on Kelly.

He has NO cash to spend and lost arguably our best player on a Bosman last season (Gudjonsen). He hasnt done a Micky Adams or Craig Levein and buy a trailer full of old donkeys but has bought in players who look like improving the squad and from what I can read on this forum, McAuley has arguably been our best player this season and he cost nothing.

Having a go at someone before giving him at least a chance is unfair. We have no chance of getting into the playoffs and to those dillusional lot who think we can better the likes of Southampton and Sunderland in the play-offs need to take a reality check as they are spending millions on players and we are too far adrift anyway.

I`d back R Kelly for another 6 months to see what he has got to offer in the spending stakes. We owe him at least that for stopping us getting relegated last season.

I've got to go and make some dinner but can someone argue with this for me please?

Cheers.

Archived