Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
lookwhaticando

Public highway speed record broken

Recommended Posts

Posted

Taxi driver's 420mph speed ticket

A taxi driver has been given a speeding ticket for allegedly driving at 420mph (676kmph) on a city street.

_42413545_speedtaxi_203_wn.jpg

Car and Driver

Tom Matthews was photographed while carrying a fare in his 12-year-old diesel Vauxhall Cavalier in Newport.

When a notice of the £60 fine and three penalty points arrived, it said he was clocked at 420mph in a 30mph zone.

Mid and South Wales Safety Camera Partnership apologised and said the mistake was made by an employee rather than roadside equipment.

Mr Matthews, 38, of Newport, said: "I could not believe it. I was a bit shocked because there was no way I was going that fast.

_42413543_speeding_203_wn.jpg

The ticket.

"I was just driving along Cardiff Road at 2.20 in the morning and the camera went off.

"I drive down there about three or five times a day maybe."

Mid and South Wales Safety Camera Partnership manager, Phil Davies, apologised to Mr Matthews.

He said: "Due to the size of Mid and South Wales Safety Camera Partnership, we process a large number of offences every year.

"This error was made by one of our employees and is an extremely rare occurrence. It was not an error in speed recording equipment.

"We are grateful to Mr Matthews for bringing this to our attention and would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused."

Brilliant! :cool:

Posted

lol

Surely the car would blow up going that fast?? :unsure:

I doubt it'd blow up.

Without any proper downforce, it'd take off though at that speed. lol

Besides, at 420mph the camera wouldn't have taken the picture of the bloke at all. ;)

Posted

I reckon Novas are faster than that

indeed! i bet if he checked his rear view mirror, he'll have had a chav in a nova or a transit up his rear end :rolleyes:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...