Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Crystal Palace 2 - 0 Leicester City

I remember you mentioning that and have said it depends if he's fit for that reason. He had groin trouble last season which kept him out for a while and is the sort of injury that can recur. There may be other niggles.

That may be the explanation for his constant non-appearance, although he played regularly enough at Mansfield, and, if he needs rest it begs the question why we've not acquired another attacking left back.

There are high hopes for Mattock but he's only 16 and has a way to go yet before he's the finished article so it seems obvious the position needs strengthening.

Left back has been a problem for a long time now, especially when you think Johansson is really a centre back and was brought to the club as one. Sheehan is the only natural left back we have at the club in the first team squad and he has had niggly injuries as far back as the end of last season. Why a new left back hasn't been brought in by now, attacking or not, is a mystery. I think it will be one of the first positions filled during the summer when choice becomes greater. Most decent left backs in the Premiership will be getting into their club's first team so the choices are limited at this moment in time when it comes to loaning one in.

That's one thing that pisses me off more than most, WHY oh WHY can't professional footballers take proper corners?!?! We havn't had a decent corner taker for years! It's a dead ball situation with no pressure on the player - just put the bloody ball into the box! I can accept the odd few going wayward or not clearing the 1st man BUT it just seems all to frequent!! :angry:

Well if you think of the potential goals we can get from a good corner deliever it's very frustrating yes. When we have players such as Kisnorbo and McAuley in the box, two excellent headers of the ball, corners are a fantastic opportunity to grab a goal.

Archived