Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MBK

Crystal Palace 2 - 0 Leicester City

we've just had a 6 game unbeaten run.

we lose to a team 6 places above us in the table, who by all accounts played pretty well.

think all the kelly out rants are a bit reactionary.

You miss the point it's not the defeat it's the defeatist approach. As for this unbeaten run the football played has, on the whole also been defeatist and dire.

And just to be pedantic they were 3 places above us with a 4 point adavantage, whilst we had a game in hand - hardly superior if that's what your suggesting. Plus a whole string of injured players.

You miss the point it's not the defeat it's the defeatist approach. As for this unbeaten run the football played has, on the whole also been defeatist and dire.

And just to be pedantic they were 3 places above us with a 4 point adavantage, whilst we had a game in hand - hardly superior if that's what your suggesting. Plus a whole string of injured players.

Spot On,the football city are serving up so far this season has been dire,i may be a little older than some on this forum,but i have seen bad LCFC teams play with more skill than this lot,its down to bad coaching,and the comfort zone,all the plays says robs the best coach they have played under etc etc,its bull shit,we play bad football,Ok,2/3 games and a few lucky wins and some of you are creaming your pants,If rob kelly gets this club in the prem,I will give up the red wine,cheers here is to lots more red,haha

just got back from the game!!!

The central midfied was at fault. passing was bad, no real drive going forward!!! no support to the front players.

johanson had a bad game too.

thats 2 visits to palace and both lost lost 2-nil

one under kelly and one under levein.

remeber playing better under levein that day.

How much of a red herring is players saying he's the best coach/manager I've ever had?

And that applies to any player about any manager at any club when the player is still playing for that manager.

Just got back from the game.

Woeful performance. We were hopeless and clueless for most of the match, and deserved to lose. There was a period in the second half when we were looking strong and could've equalised (McAuley missing a free header from 6 yards, Hammond clearing another McAuley(?) goalbound header over the bar, when it was going in!).

Aside from that, it was a case of 2 poor teams, but we were the worse of the two. From the first to the last minute it was constant long ball, which was never going to work. Our midfield was abysmal (even 'Darling Porter' was poor :whistle: ), with Hughes and Johnson competing with one another for the worst midfield display award. Yeates added a little bit of spark with some nice touches and a good cross, but I can see why Kelly doesn't pick him because his workrate and effort (even as a sub) was shocking. Lazy b*stard. Horsefield was just a lump who had no impact, and Hume yet again tried hard but dropped too deep too many times. Elvis was just himself, carving out a great chance with a lovely turn and spin, but then blazing over and wide.

Kelly's decision to sub Johansson off for Kenton was bewildering at the time (there were 2 mins left and we swapped left backs?!?!) - but then completely backfired when Kenton got skinned by their winger, who crossed it and they got the penalty from our handball. It was a completely absurd substitution and I hope Kelly realises the huge blunder he made.

From that performance I can see why so many people have turned against Kelly. It really was awful to watch.

Tbh I've backed Kelly, to the extent that I'd consider him for next season, but I've changed my mind. He must go in the summer, he doesn't have the tactical ability to take us forward. Thanks for the hard work, but he's too limited.

Woeful performance. We were hopeless and clueless for most of the match, and deserved to lose. There was a period in the second half when we were looking strong and could've equalised (McAuley missing a free header from 6 yards, Hammond clearing another McAuley(?) goalbound header over the bar, when it was going in!).

Aside from that, it was a case of 2 poor teams, but we were the worse of the two. From the first to the last minute it was constant long ball, which was never going to work. Our midfield was abysmal (even 'Darling Porter' was poor :whistle: ), with Hughes and Johnson competing with one another for the worst midfield display award. Yeates added a little bit of spark with some nice touches and a good cross, but I can see why Kelly doesn't pick him because his workrate and effort (even as a sub) was shocking. Lazy b*stard. Horsefield was just a lump who had no impact, and Hume yet again tried hard but dropped too deep too many times. Elvis was just himself, carving out a great chance with a lovely turn and spin, but then blazing over and wide.

Kelly's decision to sub Johansson off for Kenton was bewildering at the time (there were 2 mins left and we swapped left backs?!?!) - but then completely backfired when Kenton got skinned by their winger, who crossed it and they got the penalty from our handball. It was a completely absurd substitution and I hope Kelly realises the huge blunder he made.

From that performance I can see why so many people have turned against Kelly. It really was awful to watch.

Sounds like the Burnley match :o

As for the substitutions he's fast becoming a clone of Adams & Levein

From now on don't work during matches ! That's the real reason. :P

The last 3 times I worked during matches, we won. :ph34r:

My luck has run out... much the same as the teams. lol

Sounds like the Burnley match :o

As for the substitutions he's fast becoming a clone of Adams & Levein

What was the Kenton sub all about in the 90th? Nissa injured or did we throw on Kenton just for a laugh? :blink:

Leicester boss Rob Kelly:

"We're very disappointed because we had been on a decent run. There's still a lot to play for but we didn't play with enough energy or verve.

"We've always known which direction we wanted to go in but we didn't have a path to get there. But we have that now and the players want to be a part of what we have here.

"The new owner is a sensible football man. He's been supportive when I've asked him about players and he will back us. But we're in a limited market at the moment."

link http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...v_1/6415063.stm

Collectors item that!. :whistle:

Collectors item that!. :whistle:

Hardly. I'm one of the few who is fair and open with my opinions (unlike you I've not prejudged players based on their academy performances) - and I'm not afraid to admit to being wrong.

But I'm not about to jump on your bandwagon just yet. I'm only saying that with performances like that Kelly has to be held accountable.

I agree that someone could probably do a better job than rob but a couple of games ago the kelly haters were keeping rather quite, then we lose one game and all theyve got to say about the match is KELLY OUT ANGRY SMILIES ANGRY SMILIES

Well that was a pile of rubbish <_< The atmosphere was good again, but the performance on the pitch was woeful. Hughes...why? He has no brain i'm sure of it. He stands still instead of making runs, never makes the right decision and is generally useless. Elvis Hammond...i know he has his fans, but i hate the guy. Another useless one, control is awful, again decision making is poor and why did he head McAuleys header over the bar? :blink:

Well that was a pile of rubbish <_< The atmosphere was good again, but the performance on the pitch was woeful. Hughes...why? He has no brain i'm sure of it. He stands still instead of making runs, never makes the right decision and is generally useless. Elvis Hammond...i know he has his fans, but i hate the guy. Another useless one, control is awful, again decision making is poor and why did he head McAuleys header over the bar? :blink:

He thought it was some kind of role reversal.

He saw a defender attacking, so figured it was his job to do some defending...

... for the opposition. :whistle:

What a horrible day.

It all started when we went to pick up our tickets and I discovered that my dosey brother had somehow managed to get tickets in the home end the prat. I knew I shouldnt have entrusted him to do one simple thing and order them from Leicester, instead he told me he got them from Palace PMSL! One game a year and the prat messes up. Anyway, it was bad enough sitting next to some bloke who resembled Onslow from Keeping up appearances who obviously forgot to put his Lynx on today, but I had to sit through a real pile of pish in that first half. It got better in the second hald but we deserved to lose.

Ive said all along that we should thank RK but tell him to fook off. Today isnt a knee-jerk reaction that some people are saying but a reality check that everything isnt as rosey as people have been saying. His inability at getting decent players in on loan has shown a real weakness whilst the likes of Ipswich get Jeffers, Hull grab Vaz te and Stoke get Hendrie whilst we get rehab members.

The good news is I got a telephone number from some American tourist and me and a mate are meeting her and her friends on Monday. Now time to get out of seeing the girlfriend on Monday PMSL. Happy Days! :thumbup:

Hardly. I'm one of the few who is fair and open with my opinions (unlike you I've not prejudged players based on their academy performances) - and I'm not afraid to admit to being wrong.

But I'm not about to jump on your bandwagon just yet. I'm only saying that with performances like that Kelly has to be held accountable.

That was actually meant as a lighthearted quip but I suppose I should have expected your response.

I don't prejudge anyone. Nor do I believe people deserve to wear a City shirt simply just because they've had experience or because the manager rates them.

As for your joining my "bandwagon" as you call it I'm not canvassing...

The mistakes Kelly makes in terms of team selection, tactics, match-time decisions and long term forward planning are plain to see.

If he's not going to learn and he's not going to change or adapt his thinking City will be going nowhere whether admitting it causes you irritation or not.

Just got back and we were seriously crap. Another good away day and good atmosphere , although my legs are hurting from standing on the back of the chairs :cry:

I'm just stunned at how badly we played :dunno:

Sorry but I really do have to disagree there, it was fantastic at the back of our stand but the fans in the middle and the front were hardly loud. I know we didnt have much to cheer about but come on, I had to endure the middle when we had about 5 songs with the whole middle singing during the whole game I usually joined in with what the top were singing anyway and was making myself look like a prat but I dont care I was supporting my team!!!!

But as I said well done to the people at the back :thumbup:

Sorry but I really do have to disagree there, it was fantastic at the back of our stand but the fans in the middle and the front were hardly loud. I know we didnt have much to cheer about but come on, I had to endure the middle when we had about 5 songs with the whole middle singing during the whole game I usually joined in with what the top were singing anyway and was making myself look like a prat but I dont care I was supporting my team!!!!

But as I said well done to the people at the back :thumbup:

I was on the back row :thumbup:

The middle/front did look appalling though tbh.

The side were an utter disgrace to the shirt today and I hope they feel bloody awful after that abject performance. In fact I think they should be giving out refunds to the fans who had to watch that shower of shit.

I could count the number of chances we had today on one hand (and probably still have fingers left over). From the very start we were on the back foot and never really looked like getting anything until Elvis somehow managed to divert a goalbound header over the bar and Jarett had a shot well saved late on.

The idea of having the Horse was supposed to enable us to vary it up a bit but we spent the whole game lumping it aimlessly forward against a Palace backline who never broke a sweat because we played right into their hands by plonking it nicely onto their heads all the time.

If Johno made a forward pass the entire game I'd be bloody surprised and neither Hughes or Jarett fared much better. There was little movement or attacking thrust until Yeates (although he is still too much of a lazy bastard at defending) and Hammond came on, that this conincided with our best chances (our only chances?) can be no coincidence.

The only good part of today were the fans; outsung the pitiful Palace 'faithful' from start to finish and deserved something for it. Definitely put more effort into it then many of the players appeared to.

I'm so f***ing angry. Everyone has known the problems from day one and NOTHING has been done about them at all. I've seen more creativity from a Sunday League under 12 side and more tactical nouse from the US military.

Kelly needs to leave NOW, he is out of his depth.

Archived