Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Would you want to keep any of our on-loan players?

i dont think we will keep any, i think we only brought them in to make sure of our safety this season. In the summer i think that we will transfer in more quality than the loan signings we have. I do like horsefield but he is not what we need to go forward!

Hmmm...

First off i wouldnt want to pay anything more than a nominal fee for any of them, based on their performances thus far...

Jarret: He's better than what we've had in the middle of the park in the past, when I've seen him play he's always shown a decent work rate and had some decent moments, but that's just it they were moments there are plenty of midfielders in this division who are better than him and offer more IMHO. Finally he's an older player and unless he were to offer more on the pitch, i dont like the idea of getting a fairly average player who also getting on a bit. So on balance unless we're going to get him on a modest wage for a nominal fee or dont stand a chance at getting anyone better in during the summer then I dont see much point in signing him.

Horse:He's had one good game and a fair few where he's given 100%, but he's very old and this would be his last club in all probability, whats more he's old(!)... and I mean really old! Yet despite these games where he has given his all, he's scored a grand total of two goals (and only one of those would have got past a better team than Cov IMHO) and his form has drifted drastically in the past few games. Maybe he'd have value as an impact player, but then again would we want to sign somone who Warnock would probably want more than a nominal for? In the end i just dont see the point in bringing in a player like the Horse on a permanent basis... there is better out there and more importantly there are better players with more to offer, who are younger who we'll be able to attract in the summer... so a no to the Horse from me.

Yeates: The first few games he played in i liked him, seems to have a decent "football brain", somthing which has been lacking from our midfield for a very long time... but RK has suddenly stopped playing him, so I dont know what i can really say beyond thinking he's got promise... because he's been frozen out by RK I've got no real way of knowing what else i can say, but based on what i have seen, before RK took a dislike to the lad, he's the only player I'd be willing to sign for more than a nominal fee in the summer.

Newton: Far too early to say at the moment, on paper he could offer us somthing... but we'll have to wait and see... though i dread to think how he might decline if his fitness is left to the morons at this club :rolleyes:

...But while we're thinking about offering potentially expensive contracts to players we currently have on loan (none of whom have really made a case for keeping them IMHO), why the hell can't we give the likes of Gradel, King, Sheehan, Dodds, Odihambo etc... a sustained a chance in the first team! If we're toying with the idea of giving contracts to player on loan we should be looking at players we already have, for a man with a background in youth football it very odd that RK does so little to intergrate the younger players into the first team (beyond Porter), indeed the likes of Stearman (piss-head that he is! :P ) have gone backwards, same goes for Fryatt.

Archived