Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Thread moving

What's the deal with moving threads all the time? I don't know any other web forums that do this with such regularity as this one. I asked about buying a PC in general chat and it gets moved to user help. Surely the majority of people who go to the help forum (a lot less than general chat, too) will be looking for help.

I also went on the main one looking to comment on the sacking of Mike Newell (ex-Leicester player, by the way) - that's in general sport.

The ideal forum should be self-moderating. By all means set a few rules and don't let things get offensive, but then let people get on with it.

A simple PM telling someone where a thread would be better placed seems a better way to deal with it (especially as I had replies in general chat and, lo and behold, nothing in the user help forum).

What's the deal with moving threads all the time? I don't know any other web forums that do this with such regularity as this one. I asked about buying a PC in general chat and it gets moved to user help. Surely the majority of people who go to the help forum (a lot less than general chat, too) will be looking for help.

I also went on the main one looking to comment on the sacking of Mike Newell (ex-Leicester player, by the way) - that's in general sport.

The ideal forum should be self-moderating. By all means set a few rules and don't let things get offensive, but then let people get on with it.

A simple PM telling someone where a thread would be better placed seems a better way to deal with it (especially as I had replies in general chat and, lo and behold, nothing in the user help forum).

I moved it as there is a specific thread now for these sorts of questions, if it's good enough for me it should be good enough for you.

That said perhaps in this instance I could have let you know.

Just to demonstrate were not all ogres (now that Dagenham Dave has resigned :P ) I'll move the sticky to General Chat -- be warned though it could get moved back again as I,m often considered a soft touch in these matters.

Archived