Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
blue blood

the rebuilding and the 3 year plan

I'm hoping we can magically rebuild just like Derby have done this season, they were no where last season, even we finished above them! But one summer and its all changed for them and I dont see why we can't follow suit nd challenge directly as soo as next season.

Out of the current crop of players I'd look to retain:

Hume

kisnorbo

McAuley

Porter

Fryatt

Johansson

Wesolowski

add a whole new midfield, experience in some places and a decent striker e.g. Todorov to play up front with Fryatt and Hume ideally in behind.

well i suggested the players i did because i heard Murphy was priced at 900k, collins john is a free agent and bouba diop has been out of favour. Beattie on loan which is one i do doubt myself, thompson would be free and joby macanuff was suggested because we badly need a quality right sided player. Although Lee cook has been linked and i'd take him instead. If not we could always go for the unwanted john hartson at the brom and izale macleod of course. I does concern me that we have been linked with has been strikers such has forsell and todorov who have been either injured or been able to recapture the form they had.

To be fair they spent alot of there money after they managed to somehow get into a decent position. Quite a few of the permanent signings like Jones, Pearson and Teale turned up in January after a good start and still players like Mears and Lupoli are on loan.

Not forgetting the fact that they have a very good manager. :thumbup:

It's all very well bringing in loads of talented players but at the end of the day, you need someone to manage them and get them playing as a team. I've not joined the 'Kelly Out' bandwagon just yet, but I'm still not convinced whether he's the man to do it.

I think kelly CAN coach a promotion winning champoinchip side. I have my reservations in relation to Kelly MANAGING a promotion winning champoinchip side.

This also beggars the question which manager would take a new job without bringing their own back room with them? Not many.

Kelly will one day be a good manager, he needs to perfect how to manage. Im sure his tenture at leicester will hold him in good stead.

well i suggested the players i did because i heard Murphy was priced at 900k, collins john is a free agent and bouba diop has been out of favour. Beattie on loan which is one i do doubt myself, thompson would be free and joby macanuff was suggested because we badly need a quality right sided player. Although Lee cook has been linked and i'd take him instead. If not we could always go for the unwanted john hartson at the brom and izale macleod of course. I does concern me that we have been linked with has been strikers such has forsell and todorov who have been either injured or been able to recapture the form they had.

Peterboro of all teams had a £1.1m bid turned down for McLeod, his club are rumored at wanting at least £2m which would take him out of our financial reach. Diop`s club fulham accepted a £5m bid from Wigan in January despite hardly featuring this season but he refused to go up there. His value will roughly hold come the summer so again we have zero chance of him and BTW he wants to stay at Fulham http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...+I+want+to+stay. The same can be said about Collins John. Fulham accepted over £3m from Watford in January but he turned them down http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...d=57&cpid=8 . The bloke gets into the odd Holland squad and is still only 21 so he wont be coming here with those credentials.

Not many of the names that we keep getting rumoured to being linked to are anywhere near being even possible but these rumours and stories will continue to persist. Those types of fees and players wont be coming this summer thats for sure. Lower your standards rumour writers!

The main problem we have is players in our starting eleven, some of our current players would be okay to start with in a squad of 24 or so. Out of the current players I'd say these players should stay on at least as part of the squad:

Alan Maybury, Patrick Kisnorbo, Iain Hume, Mark Yeates (If we can keep him), Matty Fryatt, Paul Henderson, Gareth McAuley, Nils-Eric Johansson, Richard Stearman, James Wesolowski, Alan Sheehan, Conrad Logan, Levi Porter.

That's 13 Players, most of which being youngsters with great potential at the club. So, experience is needed just to fill in the voids. That would leave for me about 10-11 players to bring in during the Summer, and without all of them being permanent deals it doesn't have to be that much of a job.

Out of the above players mentioned I think:

Patrick Kisnorbo, Iain Hume, Gareth McAuley, Nils-Eric Johansson, James Wesolowski and Levi Porter could all hold down starting places if fit.

Then there is the possibilities of either: Henderson or Logan in goal, both are capable. Stearman at right back, if he's in form he is excellent. Yeates has been hit or miss but has shown some quality moments so far.

While the team is going to require re-building I don't think it's going to be as much of a major job in the first year, it's a three year plan and if the steps for next season can be taken then its a step in the right direction.

Anyways, I think the problem at the moment is the manager rather than the players.

Archived