Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Questions

Out of curiosity:

How do threads gets star ratings next to them?

Why did that fancy new profile thing go and get replaced by the old one?

How does a topic become hot (that briefcase thing that turns red)?

What's the messenger symbol mean next to people's names, does it serve a purpose?

Why do some threads have a little square before the title and some don't?

What's for dinner?

These are hardly **PRIORITY ONE** inquiries so feel free to humour/ignore me. These are just minor things that I find myself thinking about from time to time.

Out of curiosity:

How do threads gets star ratings next to them? You rate them - I think a few people need to rate them aswell

Why did that fancy new profile thing go and get replaced by the old one? Yes why?

How does a topic become hot (that briefcase thing that turns red)? When people reply constantly reply to them - or when it has a certain amount of posts :dunno:

What's the messenger symbol mean next to people's names, does it serve a purpose? Online/offline :dunno:

Why do some threads have a little square before the title and some don't? Square = unread - no square - up to date with posts

What's for dinner? pie

These are hardly **PRIORITY ONE** inquiries so feel free to humour/ignore me. These are just minor things that I find myself thinking about from time to time.

Out of curiosity:

How do threads gets star ratings next to them?

Why did that fancy new profile thing go and get replaced by the old one?

How does a topic become hot (that briefcase thing that turns red)?

What's the messenger symbol mean next to people's names, does it serve a purpose?

Why do some threads have a little square before the title and some don't?

What's for dinner?

i can answer a couple of them;

1) the star rating 'voting' bit is at the top of a thread (although it didn't appear on this thread :dunno: ) and, if i remember rightly, it needs about 10 votes before the rating appears next to the thread.

2) dunno :annoyedsmilie:

3) a certain amount of replies (20?)

4) if it's in colour the person is online (or on the forum) if it's blue/grey they're not on/appearing offline

5) i asked about this ages ago, but it means there are new posts in the thread since you last read it/you've not read any of the thread

6) cheese and onion pasty :cool:

Out of curiosity:

How do threads gets star ratings next to them? Yes, you rate them. Top right of a topic once it becomes 'Hot' I think.

Why did that fancy new profile thing go and get replaced by the old one? I think Mark expressed doubts about the new profiles appearance-wise... I suspect they were also a little more resource intense than the 'basic'/'original' ones.

How does a topic become hot (that briefcase thing that turns red)? 20 posts I believe

What's the messenger symbol mean next to people's names, does it serve a purpose? Status indicator... if the icon turns orange, the user is online

Why do some threads have a little square before the title and some don't? Orange square = new posts since your last visit

What's for dinner? Something tasty.... mmm-mmm-good.

Stez essentially answered most of it. :P:mellow::ph34r:

Out of curiosity:

How do threads gets star ratings next to them? You and other poeple rate them

Why did that fancy new profile thing go and get replaced by the old one? :dunno:

How does a topic become hot (that briefcase thing that turns red)? Once it has more than one page

What's the messenger symbol mean next to people's names, does it serve a purpose? Whether they are online/offline

Why do some threads have a little square before the title and some don't? If there's a square there are unread posts, click it and it'll take you to the first unread post.

What's for dinner? Pizza?

Archived