Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

a new era

I know we've had plenty of false dawns so far, but I really think this could be the turning point.

The difference is this time we've got financial backing and the backbone of a decent squad. I honestly think we can be up there challenging next season, I really do. :)

It's way too premature to make predictions like that.

We need a quality manager in place, who can be trusted to spend shrewdly whatever money he is given.

At the moment, that is far from assured.

Judging by Macc's result at Rochdale yesterday, perhaps Incey isn't quite ready to make the step up yet..

I dont think it'll be Ince to be honest... the story about the bookies closing he books was identical to a story that did the rounds when the Coventry vacany came up, so I'm sure it's in anyway a "done deal" and to be honest I'm not sure MM would fancy the risk. I'd have Coleman down as perhaps the most likley, at the same time Wortho has also done a lot of things right since being here and could be in with a shout, but again i get the sense that he was very much a "caretaker" apointment in the mind of MM... and then there are managers who are currently already in a job, so we'll see... but i dont think it'll be Ince.

The encouraging thing is that, so long as we stay up, we'll be a very apealing club for any manager to come to... money, stadium, training facilities, fan base and history, those things combined with the fact we finally have some money should mean we can finally attract a manager of the calibre we need.

5 points clear with 6 points to play for, i cant see us loosing both games and hull and leeds winning both of theirs :D

Yeah we will be staying up after that.

To be honest I have hardly been interested in rumours of incoming players like I was a few months ago because I feared that we would go down if results continued. Threads have even started about our attendances in D1 and targets etc which made me slightly start to believe that we could actually go down. Yesterdays results change everything. We can now look positively at potential targets on the pitch as well as in the dugout and the 3 year plan is back on track lol

Archived