Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flexx

Worthy's got a shot at city job - Mandaric

If we get the 4 points from 5 games we needed to survive then Worthingtons stint will be regarded as a success, that's my only worry, the performances have improved but they couldn't have been any worse. Milan's judgement can be no better than the next mans when 5 games is all you have to base your decision on. Technically, Rob Kelly had a better impact last season than Worthington has thus far if we're going on points alone

There is no quick remedy for this situation. At Norwich it took three or four years.

Has the chairman got that sort of patience? I don't know, only he knows that and, unless there are mega amounts of money spent, it is going to be a steady job. The club needs a bit of stability.

Oh dear - it was going so well until that point. :D

I don't have four years worth of patience :|

How did i know this was going to be a possibility, the ammount of 'short term quick fixes' that turn into pernament appointments is staggering! I would not have thought that Worthington is the type of manager Milan would have initially plumped for long term. The report is worrying (if you are not a Worthington fan) but at the same time obvious, after the Preston win Milan can't exactly say 'oh your not in the running!'

Guess we will have to wait and see, there have been other names banded about and with the sure fire certainty of more sackings/resignations in the summer i think a lot more names will fill the frame.

My personal opinion is that Worthington has done a good job in the few games he has been here but i doubt his ability to attract the kind of players Milan and the fans would like to see at the club .. he's just not 'high profile' enough sadly.

This is hardly surprising. Whatever your opinion of Worthington he's been a relatively successful manager and you can't bring him in for 5 games without the promise that he will at least be considered for the job. Milan has to keep him in the running, I don't think it's a given that he'll get the job hence the need to keep trying to impress by mentioning how he's the 'kind of manager who gives kids a chance' and 'has a vision for the way the game should be played.' He is still pitching to Milan that he's the right man. If we can't attract a top manager then at least we have a decent fall back option.

Don't forget that Milan is a master at manipulating the media to get what he wants... in this case it might be using the right sound bites to ensure we get the best from the manager for the remaining two games.

His investment isn't safe until we get one more point, I can quite easily see him using these kind of tactics to increase the possibility of that happening.

Worthington is in temporary charge until the end of the season following Rob Kelly's dismissal earlier this month and the Irishman has impressed Mandaric in his three games at the helm - despite City suffering two defeats.

Worthington got his first win at Preston on Saturday to all-but satisfy the remit given to him by Mandaric of securing the club's Championship status.

Mandaric told the Leicester Mercury: "He (Worthington) has made a difference and he will be considered. We are not definitely safe yet but he has almost done what I asked him to do.

"The response he has had from the players has been very good in a short space of time and if we keep doing well to the end of the season then he would have a good chance of the job.

"But nothing is definite. I will not make up my mind until the summer and until then he will continue to be given the chance to show what he can do.

milan trying to keep worthington sweet u think

Archived