Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

The Blue Army Article blanderson!

Milan Mandaric hopes to seal Martin Allen's arrival as Leicester City's manager in signing talks tonight.

The club chairman broke off a foreign trip to return to England today and, if everything goes according to plan, Allen could be unveiled as the boss by the weekend.

MK Dons manager Allen is expected to bring his assistant Adrian Whitbread and first-team coach David Hockaday with him, and supervise a complete revamping of City's infrastructure on the playing side.

Officially, City are keeping their options open, citing Allen as one of several candidates, but the move to gain permission from MK Dons to talk to Allen clearly suggests he is the man they want.

Mandaric, while committed not to rush the process too much, is known to be impatient to get a new manager in and, if those out of work, such as Neil Warnock and Chris Coleman, had been his choice, they would have been here already.

Those rumoured contenders who are still in the play-offs, Blackpool's Simon Grayson and Derby's Billy Davies, are now out of the picture unless something untoward happens.

Negotiations with Allen will still have to be completed, but it would now be a major upset if the former Brentford manager does not take over at the Walkers Stadium.

It would not only herald a new era, but also opening the way for new summer signings.

Mandaric has been holding off making any transfer moves until he could tell prospective players who the manager was going to be.

City have been linked with veteran defenders Arjan De Zeeuw and Bruno N'Gotty, and midfielder Lee Hendrie, but the final decision on players will be down to the in-coming manager.

If all goes well, Allen's hallmark determination to succeed will have a willing partner in Mandaric, who has always declared "I have not come here to fail."

I think they (leicester mockery) have been primed to run this by MM, and unless it goes tits up then its a done deal, they usually have most of the FACTS right.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?k...352007363601131

* I did mention that a deal would be in place by the weekend just in time for a surge of people buying tickets at the bank holiday!!!

Milan Mandaric hopes to seal Martin Allen's arrival as Leicester City's manager in signing talks tonight.

The club chairman broke off a foreign trip to return to England today and, if everything goes according to plan, Allen could be unveiled as the boss by the weekend.

MK Dons manager Allen is expected to bring his assistant Adrian Whitbread and first-team coach David Hockaday with him, and supervise a complete revamping of City's infrastructure on the playing side.

Officially, City are keeping their options open, citing Allen as one of several candidates, but the move to gain permission from MK Dons to talk to Allen clearly suggests he is the man they want.

Mandaric, while committed not to rush the process too much, is known to be impatient to get a new manager in and, if those out of work, such as Neil Warnock and Chris Coleman, had been his choice, they would have been here already.

Those rumoured contenders who are still in the play-offs, Blackpool's Simon Grayson and Derby's Billy Davies, are now out of the picture unless something untoward happens.

Negotiations with Allen will still have to be completed, but it would now be a major upset if the former Brentford manager does not take over at the Walkers Stadium.

It would not only herald a new era, but also opening the way for new summer signings.

Mandaric has been holding off making any transfer moves until he could tell prospective players who the manager was going to be.

City have been linked with veteran defenders Arjan De Zeeuw and Bruno N'Gotty, and midfielder Lee Hendrie, but the final decision on players will be down to the in-coming manager.

If all goes well, Allen's hallmark determination to succeed will have a willing partner in Mandaric, who has always declared "I have not come here to fail."

I think they (leicester mockery) have been primed to run this by MM, and unless it goes tits up then its a done deal, they usually have most of the FACTS right.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?k...352007363601131

* I did mention that a deal would be in place by the weekend just in time for a surge of people buying tickets at the bank holiday!!!

Primed? If Pelham were still going they'd have Bill Anderson as one of their new releases! :whistle::D

The Mercury is usually pretty sound for factage.

It never normally prints stuff until its a dead cert, so the new man looks to be Mad Dog!

Well done Meeeelan, Allen is the right choice of the candidates out their.

Yes that's right isn't it, let me see

"Deal done this week" printed every week for about 4 months until MM eventually took over

"£25m" - did you read the actual final deal

The Mercury is usually pretty sound for factage.

It never normally prints stuff until its a dead cert, so the new man looks to be Mad Dog!

Well done Meeeelan, Allen is the right choice of the candidates out their.

I'm not saying you're wrong but I wouldn't risk a trip to the bookies on it.

Bill says: Officially, (City are keeping their options open), citing Allen as one of several candidates, but the move to gain permission from MK Dons to talk to Allen clearly (SUGGESTS) he is the man they want.

Those rumoured contenders who are still in the play-offs, Blackpool's Simon Grayson and Derby's Billy Davies, are now out of the picture (UNLESS something untoward happens).

Negotiations with Allen will still have to be completed, (but it would now be a MAJOR UPSET IF) the former Brentford manager does not take over at the Walkers Stadium."

All three sentences include those bracketed little get-outs/provisos necessary for a guy who quite often finds a story blowing up in his face. Think of how many date-changes there were for MM's arrival.

With any negotiations the picture can change and, just like us when offered information which sows doubts, MM is capable of changing his mind.

No, I don't think it's likely that he'll be wrong, but Bills story is short of anything we didn't know or couldn't work out and is based on likelihoods which he's felt the need to qualify. He's stated nothing substantial as a fact and only says that Allen (COULD be unveiled as the boss by the weekend).

Basically, that's not a story - as in new information - but a column he needs to fill. I'm not criticising him. The inches have to be occupied.

But the column is not really enlightening it's more a presumptive summary of the state of play so far. And sometimes the position can change dramatically.

Yes that's right isn't it, let me see

"Deal done this week" printed every week for about 4 months until MM eventually took over

"£25m" - did you read the actual final deal

Usually

Well there are numerous other stories that have been mentioned in the mercury that have been substanciated with fact.

And, the Milan deal was done wasnt it? Its not the Mercurys fault Milan/the board was dragging it out for so long!

I'm not saying you're wrong but I wouldn't risk a trip to the bookies on it.

Bill says: Officially, (City are keeping their options open), citing Allen as one of several candidates, but the move to gain permission from MK Dons to talk to Allen clearly (SUGGESTS) he is the man they want.

Those rumoured contenders who are still in the play-offs, Blackpool's Simon Grayson and Derby's Billy Davies, are now out of the picture (UNLESS something untoward happens).

Negotiations with Allen will still have to be completed, (but it would now be a MAJOR UPSET IF) the former Brentford manager does not take over at the Walkers Stadium."

All three sentences include those bracketed little get-outs/provisos necessary for a guy who quite often finds a story blowing up in his face. Think of how many date-changes there were for MM's arrival.

With any negotiations the picture can change and, just like us when offered information which sows doubts, MM is capable of changing his mind.

No, I don't think it's likely that he'll be wrong, but Bills story is short of anything we didn't know or couldn't work out and is based on likelihoods which he's felt the need to qualify. He's stated nothing substantial as a fact and only says that Allen (COULD be unveiled as the boss by the weekend).

Basically, that's not a story - as in new information - but a column he needs to fill. I'm not criticising him. The inches have to be occupied.

But the column is not really enlightening it's more a presumptive summary of the state of play so far. And sometimes the position can change dramatically.

sOf course Thrac, there are ifs, buts and maybes in everything in football. But the fact that we have asked MK Dons for permission to speak to Allen, and as Ric has said, Milan has flown back from Europe, suggests he is going to get offered the job.

That of course doesnt mean that he will get the job,he may not want it, but that is for us all to speculate i suppose!

sOf course Thrac, there are ifs, buts and maybes in everything in football. But the fact that we have asked MK Dons for permission to speak to Allen, and as Ric has said, Milan has flown back from Europe, suggests he is going to get offered the job.

That of course doesnt mean that he will get the job,he may not want it, but that is for us all to speculate i suppose!

Milan would be flying back about about now to conclude the business anyway, even he was going to speak to other candidates at or after the weekend.

And even if Martin Allen is the main man, which I accept from my own sources anyway, it is 100% certain at this stage that MM will have a plan B.

There's no saying other clubs haven't been approached for permission to speak with their manager and that they've chosen to keep the matter quiet which might be understandable in the circumstances.

I'm not for an intance doubting what you and Ric say, just adding - and for no hidden reason - that I wouldn't assume anything.

Even people close to the club have thought it would be first Ince, then Warnock and now Allen. If they don't know for sure - and that was the case yesterday - I'm assuming nothing until a deal is announced.

Archived