Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Wanting two share internet with two pcs

Guest Daniel
I have NTL broadband and we recently have got a new pc in the house. I was wondering if any of you could help me out here. I am hoping to share the connection with the two PCs

63987[/snapback]

What you need is 2 wireless internet cards, these can be bought for around £30 each.

You will also need a router which will be a little more.

Wireless is the best way to do things, the other option has wires.

I have NTL broadband and we recently have got a new pc in the house. I was wondering if any of you could help me out here. I am hoping to share the connection with the two PCs

63987[/snapback]

I've recently networked 2 pc's with NTL broadband.

You need a Linksy Wireless Broadband Router (e.g WRT54G) or equivalent between your modem and your 'main pc. You'll need an ethernet card /connector in your PC.

For your other PC(s) you need a Linksy Wireless G Adapter (e.g PCI) or equivalent thats fitted internally for each PC, I think you can get stand alone USB versions.

Routers

PCI Adapater

You should get an internet connection on both PCs fairly easily if you follow the installation instructions.

Sharing files, printers, scanners means you have to set up sharing rights which can be a bit complicated and time consuming.

Beware you also need to set up router with info off the internet to stop the whole world using your PC and its contents

Best of Luck

Cheers for  the help :D  :thumbup:

64031[/snapback]

Blimey if you needed to edit that you'll need more than our little contribution to get it working. ;)

Let us know how you get on. :thumbup:

63987[/snapback]

What you need is 2 wireless internet cards, these can be bought for around £30 each.

63996[/snapback]

ive got a router.......dewalt one :D

63987[/snapback]

63996[/snapback]

ive got a router.......dewalt one :D

64042[/snapback]

lol

Cheers for   the help :D  :thumbup:

64031[/snapback]

Blimey if you needed to edit that you'll need more than our little contribution to get it working. ;)

Let us know how you get on. :thumbup:

64039[/snapback]

Cheers i will :D

Thats the last time i try to say thankyou through the power of emothians :mad:

:D

edited for good effect

Archived