Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TornadoShaunUK

Your Favourite Bands

I think Kasabian would be supporting The Killers rather than the other way round.  :S

66442[/snapback]

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I know Kasabian are supporting Oasis though on July 10th :D

66445[/snapback]

Is that for definate TB? I know a few people who told me that but I haven't seen anything comfirmed yet.

66448[/snapback]

I have been told by my mates bro, who writes for the music magazine at Nottingham Uni. He does live interviews and knows abit of inside info about gigs.

66451[/snapback]

O wicked. So should be 99% true :)

66455[/snapback]

Yep, but don't blame me if it aint true. :P Should be though. :thumbsup:

66456[/snapback]

Your be on my hitlist if it isn't true :wave: :thumbsup: :yesyes::thumbup:

Hey, new user here. Big Leicester fan, and especially big on music/guitar playing.

Here are my top 10 bands:

4. Van Halen

5. Warrant

7. Skid Row

9. Winger

bit of an 80s stadium fan ;)

65937[/snapback]

the memories! sitting watching the chart show waiting for the rock chart (every 3 weeks) i was thinking about skid row the other day, for no particular reason.

did you like any of these:

thunder

quireboys

black crowes

etc? this was just prior to me becoming an indie kid in '91!

66279[/snapback]

Thunder = :thumbup: Dirty Love is a good song and obviously Love Walked In Aswell.

also, to the person that mentioned "Live" I saw them..er.. live in 2003. I went to see Bon Jovi twice on their bounce tour of that year and Live were the support act for both the wolverhampton and manchester gigs that I went to. Cant wait for them to tour again - Bon Jovi that is - I must say Live were crap =/ their only decent song is "Heaven".

I got to go on stage at the wolves bon jovi gig for a few songs aswell - bagged myself some free passes off leicester sound ;)

Hey, new user here. Big Leicester fan, and especially big on music/guitar playing.

Here are my top 10 bands:

4. Van Halen

5. Warrant

7. Skid Row

9. Winger

bit of an 80s stadium fan ;)

65937[/snapback]

the memories! sitting watching the chart show waiting for the rock chart (every 3 weeks) i was thinking about skid row the other day, for no particular reason.

did you like any of these:

thunder

quireboys

black crowes

etc? this was just prior to me becoming an indie kid in '91!

66279[/snapback]

Thunder = :thumbup: Dirty Love is a good song and obviously Love Walked In Aswell.

also, to the person that mentioned "Live" I saw them..er.. live in 2003. I went to see Bon Jovi twice on their bounce tour of that year and Live were the support act for both the wolverhampton and manchester gigs that I went to. Cant wait for them to tour again - Bon Jovi that is - I must say Live were crap =/ their only decent song is "Heaven".

I got to go on stage at the wolves bon jovi gig for a few songs aswell - bagged myself some free passes off leicester sound ;)

66725[/snapback]

Never went to any of the Bon Jovi ones; great singles and a bunch of album fillers. Saw Live at the Shepherds bush empire during that time and they were amazing; 6 albums full of amazing songs.

Here are my favourite bands. Note that I write "bands". I prefer true lyrics with real instruments and a certain original meaning behind it all...;)

Can't stand any of these awful boygroups/girlgroups and the current trend of recycling former hit singles.

But apparently, they're on the brink of extinction and steadily disappearing. lol

Thank God Baby Techno faced the same fate... :P

Rock groups have gained territory in the last couple of years.

It's the trend (like the cycles in fashion), but I've listened to it before.

My darlings:

- Dispatch

I can virtually recommend every CD they have published over the years. "Passerby" is probably their most successful single, if you can say successful at all. They're still quite unknown in Europe (which doesn't need to be a bad sign!) Shame though that they have split up last year. Buy "All Points Bulletin" and enjoy 2 Live CD's and an additional DVD. Cheap price, too! :thumbup:

- Guster

Discovered those Massachussets boys only a couple of months ago. Beautiful lyrics, great use of instruments (djembes instead of drums). "Keep It Together" and "Guster On Ice, Live From Portland/Maine" are worth an earful.

- G. Love & Special Sauce

"Yeah It's That Easy!" Been a fan for quite a while. It all started out in the late 90ies. Garrett Dutton (that's the rascal's name) is simply hilarious, especially on his earlier recordings. The lyrics are funny, yet true. They tend to play a very unknown blues/hip hop combination and are truly special. I even saw them perform live on stage in Lucerne back in 2000. Would like to hear him again. Awesome. His latest album "The Hustle" seems a bit too mellow to me. I guess he has just matured and lost his pace a bit.

- Jack Johnson

Women will love his voice. They will love his slow songs. I love his music because he, like G.Love, adds so much humour to the whole. And still, even when describing tragedies, he stays optimistic. Perfect tunes for a decent chill-out.

- Ween

Aw man, Ween are hard to describe. Some people think they make crazy music, I believe Gene and Dean are just artists in the purest form. Some tracks don't make any sense at all, most of the earlier recordings don't at all, actually. lol

But again, they have some beauties in petto, like the famous "Freedom Of '76" which was the first track that made me aware of them. "Push The Lil' Daisies" is also quite known. You just can't nail them on a specific style since they're always experimenting with all sorts of stuff. Live a revelation. Seen them once in Zurich back in 2003. Fantastic.

- G. Love & Special Sauce

"Yeah It's That Easy!" Been a fan for quite a while. It all started out in the late 90ies. Garrett Dutton (that's the rascal's name) is simply hilarious, especially on his earlier recordings. The lyrics are funny, yet true. They tend to play a very unknown blues/hip hop combination and are truly special. I even saw them perform live on stage in Lucerne back in 2000. Would like to hear him again. Awesome. His latest album "The Hustle" seems a bit too mellow to me. I guess he has just matured and lost his pace a bit.

67763[/snapback]

Oh yes. Great band! :D

Archived