Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

The Official Levi Porter

Even acknowledging Clemence's reportedly excellent game today those answers were based on what I saw and I quite happily stand by them.

If both players hit their best form - which would please me no end - most of those answers would still apply.

Same as I stand by my belief that Heskey would make a quality centre-half. Even though you disagree.

Your assessment of Clemence with all due respect is more to do with lack of knowledge of his abilities. If it was Ronaldo or Rooney here you`ll know all about them and wouldn't make such a silly claim that Levi should play ahead of Clemence in central midfield. Once again, to clarify, I am not as close minded as to think that Heskey couldn't play as a central defender as he is pacey and a very good header of the ball but for the last time, I just said that signing him for £4-5m and playing him in defence would also be as ridiculous as Levi taking Clems place.

If someone says that Levi should play in central midfield and then gives a list of what clemence can do and basically saying that Levi can do better and to top it off he suggests that we should spend £5m on Heskey and pay him in defence, I think he does deserve the ridicule!

That's a bit harsh! Thracian can look after himself but he didn't say that at all! What he did say was Heskey has enough qualities to be a defender and he's not wrong - how many times in his career has he been used as another defender in various tricky points in the game? And don't forget he did start off playing for our youth team as a defender so he must have been doing something right. Even his attacking game is fairly conservative (saying that he's been having a stormer playing for Wigan over the last season and especially this new one).

Anyway more importantly, well done Porter! BartonFox's reverse psychology is clearly working. He says these things because he only wants the best for you.

I actually thought the introduction of Levi yesterday changed the game in the way. He gave the team real width and although his end product was ideal he gave their right back a horrid time and Butterfield continued to make mistake after mistake.

As for Clemence, I watched his performance only for a good 10-15mins 2nd half and he was superb. Kept the ball, battled every second ball, loads of short passes, was sharp and knew how to handle the position we were in. He will blossom this season. A great great signing.

Sheehan was dreadful. Really poor. I was surprised at how quickly he panicked on the ball and just lobbed it in the box without looking up and also his delivery was shocking. I think the occasion got to him.

Sheehan must be on the way out of this club and in a way I'm glad, because he'll have the chance to improve whatever skills he has at a lower level.

Tbh I don't think MA will be totally convinced by the Porter solution, and might see the need to get more competition in that area.

As MA referred in his Palace pre-match audio, he is looking at Wolves and Sheffield either for players or tactical scouting, so we may see someone coming from those areas.

Sod off you mulleted halibut, Stephen Hughes has played in the Champions League and UEFA Cup.

So has Alan Maybury.

And Rab Douglas (who played in a UEFA Cup Final).

They've all been crap for Leicester though - and certainly never turned a game the way Porter did yesterday.

I think Mandaric should issue a decree forbidding ANY City manager from signing anyone from the SPL.

Archived