Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

The Official Levi Porter

Had to start this as the dwarf is never going to be any good here or any other pro Club for that matter, and I am sick to the back teeth of people trying to justify his existance at LCFC.

The evidence is overwhelming, he is mince.

A comedy midget version of Josh Low.

Had to start this as the dwarf is never going to be any good here or any other pro Club for that matter, and I am sick to the back teeth of people trying to justify his existance at LCFC.

The evidence is overwhelming, he is mince.

A comedy midget version of Josh Low.

poor lad has only just got out of dypers and everyone is slating him

he is shit tho :whistle:

I think he's a tidy player, but nothing more. Sure, he'll pass it simply, he'll get the odd cross in, he'll make some space, but ultimately, I don't think he's good enough. If you're as small as he is, then you need something about yer. Unfortunately, he's not a Shaun Wright-Phillips, and he certainly isn't a midfield maestro as Thracan suggests.

Alan Sheehan was supposed to be the next Dennis Irwin, but he's only good enough for/against Wednesday and Accrington. Yeah.

I think he's a tidy player, but nothing more. Sure, he'll pass it simply, he'll get the odd cross in, he'll make some space, but ultimately, I don't think he's good enough. If you're as small as he is, then you need something about yer. Unfortunately, he's not a Shaun Wright-Phillips, and he certainly isn't a midfield maestro as Thracan suggests.

Alan Sheehan was supposed to be the next Dennis Irwin, but he's only good enough for/against Wednesday and Accrington. Yeah.

Humour me.

Apart from being 5 ft 11 ins what else is it that sets Clemence apart?

Humour me.

Better passer

Better tackler

Better vision

Better at finding space

Better crosser

Better in the air

Better leader

Better shooting

Better first touch

More passionate

More experiance

Fitter bird

:dunno:

Why the hostility towards him specifically? Pretty bizzare considering he hasn't played yet this season. He's 20 years old and has less played less than 30 competitive matches in his career. Who had heard of Shaun Wright Phillips five/six years ago, when he was the age Porter is now. As a squad player he's good enough at this level.

Humour me.

Erm, for a start, Clemence is a better player. He has more experience, he's been involved with promotion, he's played in the premiership, he has a better footballing brain, he's a better passer, he's a better tackler, he has more composure, he can win more aerial battles, he's a harder worker....

Quite a lot really.

Why compare Porter with Clemence? Porter is a wide player, Clemence will always be playing in the centre of midfield. They wouldn't likely be competing for the same position on the field in the team. Have we got many other good wide players/wingers as options apart from Porter?

Why compare Porter with Clemence? Porter is a wide player, Clemence will always be playing in the centre of midfield. They wouldn't likely be competing for the same position on the field in the team. Have we got many other good wide players/wingers as options apart from Porter?

Porter is a "creative general" who should be playing "in the hole" according to Thracian lol

If you're going to pick on Porter (who is still so young) why don't you start one about Hughes? Oh hang on - because he really is pants - and he's got the experience to prove it.

Sod off you mulleted halibut, Stephen Hughes has played in the Champions League and UEFA Cup. :worship: Levi :worship: will never do that in 4 lifetimes.

Why the hostility towards him specifically? Pretty bizzare considering he hasn't played yet this season. He's 20 years old and has less played less than 30 competitive matches in his career. Who had heard of Shaun Wright Phillips five/six years ago, when he was the age Porter is now. As a squad player he's good enough at this level.

Could be very good, but is more likely to fail due to ALLEGED drink and personality problems. Sadly, many young players go this way.

Could be very good, but is more likely to fail due to ALLEGED drink and personality problems. Sadly, many young players go this way.

Allegedly he is a decent down to earth geezer.

I cant understand why there is so much negativity towards him? :dunno:

He was the ONLY player who got most of the crowd excited last season,when he got the ball,fair enough,some times he didn't know what to do,but given his age,surely its understandable?

We've got experienced players here,who aint got a fcuking clue what to do with the ball,why hammer a young LOCAL lad starting out in his professional career?

Give the lad a chance....if MA ever plays him!

He was the ONLY player who got most of the crowd excited last season,when he got the ball,fair enough,some times he didn't know what to do,but given his age,surely its understandable?

We've got experienced players here,who aint got a fcuking clue what to do with the ball,why hammer a young LOCAL lad starting out in his professional career?Give the lad a chance....if MA ever plays him!

- cause they find it easy to knock players rather than see potential, but porter in particular casue Hammond has been transfer listed - porter was next in line.

i saw him run at and beat players, can't remember anyone else doing that in years

Sod off you mulleted halibut, Stephen Hughes has played in the Champions League and UEFA Cup. :worship: Levi :worship: will never do that in 4 lifetimes.

erm, so did neilsen - and everyone seems to have decided to hate and ridicule him, too....

I've been saying how fooking shit Porter is from day one and nobody believed me. He's garbage. Again he is just hyped up by the embarrassing section of internet fans we have who build up any youth teamer to be world class because they've been decent on Champ Man before or something.

I've been saying how fooking shit Porter is from day one and nobody believed me. He's garbage. Again he is just hyped up by the embarrassing section of internet fans we have who build up any youth teamer to be world class because they've been decent on Champ Man before or something.

hmm, only ever seen him play in the first team, last season, and he looked bright, occassionally shone, and given the crappy midfield he had, i'd say that was quite a notable achievement... oh and i've never played champ manager...

don't judge everyone by your own standards...

Erm, for a start, Clemence is a better player. He has more experience, he's been involved with promotion, he's played in the premiership, he has a better footballing brain, he's a better passer, he's a better tackler, he has more composure, he can win more aerial battles, he's a harder worker....

Quite a lot really.

So why hasn't he shown any of these things. Since he became captain I think we've lost three out of four and the fourth was Accrington which we could well hae lost.

Better player? Not now or at least from anything I've watched.

More experience: Inevitably.

Involved with Promotion: I didn't say he wasn't good once.

Played in Premiership: So have lots of people who are not that standard now. .

Better footballing brain: Not seen any evidence.

Better passer? Not on what I've seen.

Better tackler? Maybe.

More composure? You're joking.

Aerial battles? Agreed.

Harder worker? Porter never stops working.

Your view of Hughes would make anyone question your judgement of a footballer.

And Maybury. And Sylla if I recember correctly.

I do like a lot of what you say but there are blindspots Barton. :D

We've got experienced players here,who aint got a fcuking clue what to do with the ball,why hammer a young LOCAL lad starting out in his professional career?

Give the lad a chance....if MA ever plays him!

Aye to all that. :thumbup:

Porter is a "creative general" who should be playing "in the hole" according to Thracian lol

Correct. In the hole was exactly where I thought he would fit in. He would have the option to provide width, on either side, but would also be able to back up our attacks more closely.

Archived