Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BartonFox

The Official Levi Porter

I don't give a shit what Hughes achieved before he came here, he achieved nothing once he arrived and rarely showed any glimpses of any ability whatsoever.

Porter, on the other hand, demonstrated some ability last season every time he ran at players into the box. He was handier on the left than Hughes on the right and left me feeling that he was one of our better players from the season. Maybe he would look out of place and off the pace in a decent side but none of us have had the opportunity to assess this.

Against Colchester at home, Hughes just didn't care. He didn't want to play for his wage, he didn't want to play for the shirt - he put in (by far) the worst performance of any City player I have ever seen during a single match. Maybe I'm wrong but I will never forgive him for that. I don't give a shit whether anyone else likes or loathes the bloke, for me he could never improve himself in my eyes after that.

So, Porter? It looks like none of us are ever going to get another chance to see what he's like. If MA has decided he's not worthy of a sub place then so be it...but he hasn't chosen to throw him away like he has Hughes and I think that speaks volumes.

Its the attitude thing which worries with Porter. Ah well. I'm sure he sorts that out he'll a be useful and he will improve under someone with tactical nous, which was never Kelly's strong point.

So why hasn't he shown any of these things. Since he became captain I think we've lost three out of four and the fourth was Accrington which we could well hae lost.

Better player? Not now or at least from anything I've watched.

More experience: Inevitably.

Involved with Promotion: I didn't say he wasn't good once.

Played in Premiership: So have lots of people who are not that standard now. .

Better footballing brain: Not seen any evidence.

Better passer? Not on what I've seen.

Better tackler? Maybe.

More composure? You're joking.

Aerial battles? Agreed.

Harder worker? Porter never stops working.

He got promoted last season LAST SEASON!

I think porter has never really let us down, never ben spectacular either. But to try and make out he is better the than Clemence is just wrong!!!

There is more urgency about clemence too, and drive.

So why hasn't he shown any of these things. Since he became captain I think we've lost three out of four and the fourth was Accrington which we could well hae lost.

Better player? Not now or at least from anything I've watched.

More experience: Inevitably.

Involved with Promotion: I didn't say he wasn't good once.

Played in Premiership: So have lots of people who are not that standard now. .

Better footballing brain: Not seen any evidence.

Better passer? Not on what I've seen.

Better tackler? Maybe.

More composure? You're joking.

Aerial battles? Agreed.

Harder worker? Porter never stops working.

You really do talk a load of bollox! Once again you are talking garbage about a player and bringing in his pre-season form lol. "Since he became captain I think we've lost three out of four and the fourth was Accrington". You then go on the defensive because someone has dared say something about one of the younger lads, in this case Porter and you are trying to tell us that Porter is just as good if not better. Utter crap.

For the record, Clemence isnt an old school player who was "once" good, or "once" successful. Last year, he was not only nominated as club captain and played an integral part in Birmingham's success but managed to play to such a high standard that the fans nominated him as their player of the year or more importantly to an extent, his fellow team mates gave him their POTY award. Now remember Birmingham had 3 loanees in at the time from Arsenal including a current International and highly rated Nicolas Bendtner along with team mates Larsson and Muamba, £4m forward Gary McSheffery, new acquisition Ronan Vine who cost about £3m. The list is endless. They had plenty of so called high quality players and just 2 or 3 months ago it was Clemence who picked up the awards. Your post about him sums you up. You are a weak willed man who doesn't actually look at the situation but simply make knee-jerk reactions if anyone dare either have a pop at one of the academy kids who you think you have some kind of affinity with because you watch the games or if someone picks on one of your favs like the wonderful Elvis Hammond. What a prat you are!! :nono: :nono: :eek: :doh:

I thought Porter was one of the better players in the team last season. Scored a couple of goals i think, pretty good control of the ball, puts the effort in. Wheather he will feature this season is another matter but i still think he is a better player than Newton.

Your post about him sums you up. You are a weak willed man who doesn't actually look at the situation but simply make knee-jerk reactions if anyone dare either have a pop at one of the academy kids who you think you have some kind of affinity with because you watch the games or if someone picks on one of your favs like the wonderful Elvis Hammond. What a prat you are!! :nono: :nono: :eek: :doh:

No come on now, say what you really think.......

A little harsh but I see where you are coming from.

N.

Had to start this as the dwarf is never going to be any good here or any other pro Club for that matter, and I am sick to the back teeth of people trying to justify his existance at LCFC.

The evidence is overwhelming, he is mince.

A comedy midget version of Josh Low.

Hellings, Cort, Stearman, Sheehan, Clarke and Fryatt are all part of the manager's thinking. So is Porter to an extent.

He got promoted last season LAST SEASON!

I think porter has never really let us down, never ben spectacular either. But to try and make out he is better the than Clemence is just wrong!!!

There is more urgency about clemence too, and drive.

It is early days (for both clemence and Porter) and you may be proved right. I have just not seen it. Clemence has been included in virtually every poster's team selections - including mine because I accepted his pedigree - but so far I have seen little reason to have selected him on merit and, I can assure you, it gives me no pleasure to say so.

I've been waiting for a thread like this for a while! I've been frustarted ever since I discovered he'd been given a squad number.

Levi Porter is one of the worst players I've seen in a city shirt for a long time....he just looks so lost everytime he's on the pitch.

How can he possibly be compared with Clemence?...I had to laugh when I read people trying to justify this. Captain Stephen is simply better in every single department! I find it pretty unbelievable some people can't recognise this.

However he's prrrrrrobably better than Josh Low was......closer call though!

You really do talk a load of bollox! Once again you are talking garbage about a player and bringing in his pre-season form lol. "Since he became captain I think we've lost three out of four and the fourth was Accrington". You then go on the defensive because someone has dared say something about one of the younger lads, in this case Porter and you are trying to tell us that Porter is just as good if not better. Utter crap.

For the record, Clemence isnt an old school player who was "once" good, or "once" successful. Last year, he was not only nominated as club captain and played an integral part in Birmingham's success but managed to play to such a high standard that the fans nominated him as their player of the year or more importantly to an extent, his fellow team mates gave him their POTY award. Now remember Birmingham had 3 loanees in at the time from Arsenal including a current International and highly rated Nicolas Bendtner along with team mates Larsson and Muamba, £4m forward Gary McSheffery, new acquisition Ronan Vine who cost about £3m. The list is endless. They had plenty of so called high quality players and just 2 or 3 months ago it was Clemence who picked up the awards. Your post about him sums you up. You are a weak willed man who doesn't actually look at the situation but simply make knee-jerk reactions if anyone dare either have a pop at one of the academy kids who you think you have some kind of affinity with because you watch the games or if someone picks on one of your favs like the wonderful Elvis Hammond. What a prat you are!! :nono: :nono: :eek: :doh:

For all that rhetoric the truth, which you conveniently ignore, is that Clemence has looked a thoroughly ordinary midfield player ever since he arrived.

For all that rhetoric the truth, which you conveniently ignore, is that Clemence has looked a thoroughly ordinary midfield player ever since he arrived.

You are a blithering idiot at times, I swear dementia is striking.

He has played two competitive matches, during his ONE league match he looked superb for the first half. His control and distribution was a league apart from everyone else on the pitch. True, when the team fragmented he didn't carry us a la Beckham vs Greece.

For you to be judging anyone after such a short space of time is pure, crass stupidity.

He has played two competitive matches, during his ONE league match he looked superb for the first half. His control and distribution was a league apart from everyone else on the pitch. True, when the team fragmented he didn't carry us a la Beckham vs Greece.

For you to be judging anyone after such a short space of time is pure, crass stupidity.

Are we allowed to say he's been very disappointing along with Kishishev?

I didn't think he looked superb in the first half against Blackpool, I didn't see a single player looking superb. Maybe I've got dementia as well ;)

In fact I thought it was the other way around we were fragmented and then after they scored we started to show some cohesion, but I still didn't witness any superb performances.

I've been waiting for a thread like this for a while! I've been frustarted ever since I discovered he'd been given a squad number.

Levi Porter is one of the worst players I've seen in a city shirt for a long time....he just looks so lost everytime he's on the pitch.

How can he possibly be compared with Clemence?...I had to laugh when I read people trying to justify this. Captain Stephen is simply better in every single department! I find it pretty unbelievable some people can't recognise this.

However he's prrrrrrobably better than Josh Low was......closer call though!

At least you'll feel better now. :thumbup:

The five games I've seen him in is far more than Gradel and Porter have had to be judged. Anyway, we'll see how he gets on today.

I don't know why we're calling porter, last season he was one of the bright things to come out of it. He ran at people and took people on what not alot of leicester players done last season. Like my dad said and he's your typical leicester moan at everything person ... Be better in a better team would young levi.

I don't know why we're calling porter, last season he was one of the bright things to come out of it. He ran at people and took people on what not alot of leicester players done last season. Like my dad said and he's your typical leicester moan at everything person ... Be better in a better team would young levi.

lol what player was you watching last season :blink:

After the Fulham game every rightback in this division marked him out of every game, Which Thracian thinks is illigal.

Sod off you mulleted halibut, Stephen Hughes has played in the Champions League and UEFA Cup. :worship: Levi :worship: will never do that in 4 lifetimes.
Allegedly he is a decent down to earth geezer.

I cant understand why there is so much negativity towards him? :dunno:

He was the ONLY player who got most of the crowd excited last season,when he got the ball,fair enough,some times he didn't know what to do,but given his age,surely its understandable?

We've got experienced players here,who aint got a fcuking clue what to do with the ball,why hammer a young LOCAL lad starting out in his professional career?

Give the lad a chance....if MA ever plays him!

Spot on Raj Saheb! He was one of the few players justified me taking a big round trip and pay the best part of 30 quid to watch. Hughes on the other hand!!

I don't want to watch a guy with chicken legs prancing about sideways. I want to watch a kid who looks like he's going to scare the bejesus out of the opposition defenders - and he did do that for a while before the rest of the team decided he would be better suited as a second left back and better still bypass him completely and hoof it way over his little self.

He is so young still. I don't care if Hughes played in the Uefa cup - if he started his career in England he would be lucky to have broken out of League 1. Any ability he may have had seems to have slowly faded away. Don't get me wrong, I like Hughes, but he's rarely ever justified all his accolades in a City shirt.

Now even if Porter is no Ronaldo - I don't care. I know if he is allowed to play as an attacking midfielder and not as a cover-the-left-backs-ass-cos-he's-crap type position then I will get some modicum of value for money. And as an added bonus he is a local boy who went to the same school as me (although several years later!). Leicester City is a self styled community club - one of our own has broken through and the best thing some "veteran" fans can do is make him out to be the re-incarnation of Junior Lewis. That's support for you.

Give the boy a chance.

The five games I've seen him in is far more than Gradel and Porter have had to be judged. Anyway, we'll see how he gets on today.

There you go again - total nonsense.

When did I mention Gradel?

Where have I "judged" Porter?

You've seen Clemence in ONE league match.

At least I managed to get a picture of you two discussing Clemence earlier:

rottentomatoes_big.jpg

Had to start this as the dwarf is never going to be any good here or any other pro Club for that matter, and I am sick to the back teeth of people trying to justify his existance at LCFC.

The evidence is overwhelming, he is mince.

A comedy midget version of Josh Low.

Totally agree! Thank God for BartonFox :punk:

Archived