Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Perfect Bankroller

With all the complaining going on about Milan it makes me wonder what you guys want?

I can think of many examples of the "good" and bad" bankrollers for football clubs!

Often Steve Gibson is the example given for a good bankroller but I don't trust his judgement for picking managers at all. It really is worse than Milans own record. For all the money he has pumped into the club they have never got anywhere near where they should have.

Peter Ridsdale gave European football to Leeds but look at them now :D .

Alan Sugar and Doug Ellis were complained at for years but the club never went into debt, and when sold were in a good position to be bought and are now better off for their hold on the club IMO.

Patrick and John Cobbold of Ipswich Town. Chose good managers, let them manage and when talk turned to "crisis" one remarked "the only crisis we've had here is when the Pinot Grigio wasn't chilled properly". I like Steve Gibson too. It's never going to be easy getting success at a club like Middlebrough. Jack Walker at Blackburn was another who seemed to do things the right way. And Griggs at Rushden and Diamonds although it's gone tits up since he left.

With all the complaining going on about Milan it makes me wonder what you guys want?

I can think of many examples of the "good" and bad" bankrollers for football clubs!

Often Steve Gibson is the example given for a good bankroller but I don't trust his judgement for picking managers at all. It really is worse than Milans own record. For all the money he has pumped into the club they have never got anywhere near where they should have.

Peter Ridsdale gave European football to Leeds but look at them now :D .

Alan Sugar and Doug Ellis were complained at for years but the club never went into debt, and when sold were in a good position to be bought and are now better off for their hold on the club IMO.

I was going to say Griggs too before Thracian beat me to it. If only the board at the time had let him invest here when he was allegedly interested...

In an ideal world it would be a Steve Gibson type of owner who not only supports the club but is prepared to sling in some silly money to give them success. The negative part to that type of ownership is that IMO he has lost focus and is running it at times as a fan and the management at times seems quite weak. Anyway, we haven't got anyone who fits the bill of supporter because they would have come out of the woodwork to save us when we were in the shite years ago.

Then you have the other extreme like Risdale who is only there for his celebrity and doesn't care what trouble he gets the club in. His sanctioning of signings when at Leeds because "O`Leary said he wanted them" was so naive and power hungry that its scary.

Milan is a good fit because he isn't a nutter like the lad at Hearts, he wont throw his money at things in a silly way because its exactly that, his money and he is here to make some money and leave. The end product for us would mean we are in a much stronger position than we were when he came here and by looking at the squad we have, we are already in a much healthier position.

Patrick and John Cobbold of Ipswich Town. Chose good managers, let them manage and when talk turned to "crisis" one remarked "the only crisis we've had here is when the Pinot Grigio wasn't chilled properly". I like Steve Gibson too. It's never going to be easy getting success at a club like Middlebrough. Jack Walker at Blackburn was another who seemed to do things the right way. And Griggs at Rushden and Diamonds although it's gone tits up since he left.

:worship:

Archived