Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Upgrade?

Right my PC is abit dodgy at the moment, well its been abit dodgy for about a month and a half now, its just slow, t'internets not working on it, and not much works on it to be honest, so i'm gonna be sending that of to a bloke I use who fixes PC's.

A few months back I bought a Laptop (Which for the last couple of months is what i've been using t'internet on) but since a couple of weeks ago its also been slow and pop-ups keep appearing about Spyware, which obviously indicates i've got spyware, so once my PC has been fixed I think i'll be sending my laptop for him to look at (I've tried all the Spyware removal programs myself - don't work, so i'll see what he can do) but my Laptop is currently on Windows ME, which I was told was poor, and i've realised that meself now, so i'm thinking about asking him to upgrade my Laptop, probably looking at a upgrade to Windows XP, so does anyone know what kind of price i'm looking at for an upgrade?

Right my PC is abit dodgy at the moment, well its been abit dodgy for about a month and a half now, its just slow, t'internets not working on it, and not much works on it to be honest, so i'm gonna be sending that of to a bloke I use who fixes PC's.

A few months back I bought a Laptop (Which for the last couple of months is what i've been using t'internet on) but since a couple of weeks ago its also been slow and pop-ups keep appearing about Spyware, which obviously indicates i've got spyware, so once my  PC has been fixed I think i'll be sending my laptop for him to look at (I've tried all the Spyware removal programs myself - don't work, so i'll see what he can do) but my Laptop is currently on Windows ME, which I was told was poor, and i've realised that meself now, so i'm thinking about asking him to upgrade my Laptop, probably looking at a upgrade to Windows XP, so does anyone know what kind of price i'm looking at for an upgrade?

80769[/snapback]

Look at a possible Linux solution. :thumbup:;) If you must go Windows, then XP is the best version I have used (going back to 2.0 :unsure: ). :thumbup:;)

A few months back I bought a Laptop (Which for the last couple of months is what i've been using t'internet on) but since a couple of weeks ago its also been slow and pop-ups keep appearing about Spyware, which obviously indicates i've got spyware, so once my  PC has been fixed I think i'll be sending my laptop for him to look at (I've tried all the Spyware removal programs myself - don't work, so i'll see what he can do) but my Laptop is currently on Windows ME, which I was told was poor, and i've realised that meself now, so i'm thinking about asking him to upgrade my Laptop, probably looking at a upgrade to Windows XP, so does anyone know what kind of price i'm looking at for an upgrade?

80769[/snapback]

Look at a possible Linux solution. :thumbup:;) If you must go Windows, then XP is the best version I have used (going back to 2.0 :unsure: ). :thumbup:;)

80771[/snapback]

Sorry, I don't know much about PC's as long as they do what they should I only really know the basics, not much else, so what the Linux solution? :unsure:

Yeah i've got XP on my PC and I like that!

ok im gonna cut to the chase.

if u get the bloke to put XP on it. make sure he gives u the newest XP, which comes with Service Pack 2 (SP2) built in.

this has a much better firewall in it! whichs allows for better protection against spyware, popups and hackers n all that lot.

this shud sort u out.

here are the prices. u cud just buy and install it yourself quite easily cus - it has on screen instructions.

http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xFS?KW=windows+xp&FN=&FD=0

Archived