Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tomassi

Rally Driving Experience

front%20page.jpg

Yesterday i went on one of them Rally experiences in Northamptonshire.

I had to learn Handbrake turns and Powerslides on a dusty and loose circuit!!

i had 3 goes of 6 laps in an eventful day, of which the first 2 goes i was trying to get it right but not succeeding.

However my last go i was performing the handbrake turns and the powerslides with ultimate effectiveness until the last lap where i crashed into a loada tyres!!

The car below is the one i crashed :P

MRK2%201.jpg

I would highly recommend anyone to take the course, though i wont be doing it again in a hurry :P

Sounds awesome mate, glad you had a good time.

83772[/snapback]

I'd love to do one of these days but I just simply would not get insured

-Don't think i'd do the rally one, i'd like to go round race tracks :thumbup:

83858[/snapback]

the problem with race tracks is u get bollocked for making mistakes... in the rally ones they dont care if u crash :P

Sounds good, I got a racing day out like that as a Christmas pressy from my parents, I get to drive 10 laps in an MG ZR i believe and then 10 laps in a Formula Ford! Its at a small track somewhere in Lancashire, but I can't wait until I go.

I would love to do that!

was the car damaged?

83972[/snapback]

im hoping it wasn't Scarbs because it was just a few tyres but it was quite a crash :P

its an old banger anyway lol

U should do it matey.. problem is the one i was on cost £185 :o:blink::o

I would love to do that!

was the car damaged?

83972[/snapback]

im hoping it wasn't Scarbs because it was just a few tyres but it was quite a crash :P

83983[/snapback]

ill take my Astra around it :thumbup: it goes like a rally car

I would love to do that!

was the car damaged?

83972[/snapback]

83983[/snapback]

ill take my Astra around it :thumbup: it goes like a rally car

83988[/snapback]

lol

i was gonna drive a micra but the engine failed :(

i have a micra so would have been good to know how to powerslide it :P

as for handbrake turns.. ask cobbo and Cat_burger.. think Scowy may have been a victim too :P

well basically i learnt how to correctly take a handbrake turn around a hairpin bend and powerslide around the circuit..

there was two main corners.. the first corner/u-bend which was piss-easy to do a handbrake turn.. i would brake just before the corner in 2nd gear.. disengage the clutch and turn, then lifting and dropping the handbrake to the desired effect, into 1st gear and sliding off!!

then there was the pwerslide weaving in and out between tyres across the track.. really challanging when the cars sliding to stop it from spinning then straightening the car up for the tough hairpin bend, using the same method as the previous corner but it was so much tougher i managed to do it a few times

Archived