Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Fez Club 7's difficult second album

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KFXHFE1X

01 Errors Dance Music

02 Mad Heads XL Smereka

03 Bassnectar Bomb The Blocks

04 Deltron 3030 Positive Contact

05 The Black Keys Set You Free

06 Digable Planets Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat)

07 Orchestra Harlow Freak Off

08 CL Smooth & Pete Rock Skinz

09 Hedford Vachal Toys

10 Teenage Bad Girl Beel

11 Lali Puna Left-handed

12 Boat Club Memories

13 Breakestra Recognize

14 Waldeck Make My Day

1. Errors - Dance Music

Prefer this tune to the one you put on your first compilation. Still have trouble getting the image of a Casio keyboard out of my head. I think I used to make music like this during my A-Levels. But anyway it rolls along quite nicely and I do like the little squeaks, bleeps and electro noises. 6/10.

2. Mad Heads XL - Smereka

Bloody hell, there's a change in tempo, style and genre right there. Err I'm not entirely sure. The tuba bass line and trumpets appeal but the singer... hmm. Sounds like something you'd hear on holiday when all the locals go f**king mental and I'm left looking around wondering what the f**k is going on. 5/10.

3. Bassnectar - Bomb the Blocks

Now this is more like it. A samples/beats/hip hop mash-up. Actually this is really very good. Who the hell are these people? Why haven't I heard of them? Nice f**ked up beats and bass, plenty going on. Tell me more! 8/10.

4. Deltron 3000 - Positive Contact

Rolls nicely from the previous tune. I've heard of Deltron 3000. This reminds me a bit of Dr. Octagon. Which can't be a bad thing. It's not "obvious" hip hop if you know what I mean. Yeah I like it. Nice and original. Good work. 7/10.

5. The Black Keys - Set You Free

Genre swiiiiiiitch! I own a Black Keys album which makes me proud as they play guitars and sing and stuff which by default makes them rank outsiders to get anywhere near my music collection. This is a good tune. Blues-rock is what I'd call it. I need to be in the mood but can appreciate a good tune when I hear one... 7/10.

6. Digable Planets - Rebirth of Slick

No more blues-rock then. Brass. Nice. Rapper. Nice. This drumbeat is f**king cool. Oh yeah. That is some seriously funky percussion. I'm feeling the Tribe... influence. Oooh woman rapper. Rarely a bad thing in my experience. Favourite track so far. By a mile. Well, by 1 mark. This is quality. 9/10.

7. Orchestra Hallow - Freak Off

Nice punchy brass right from the off. You know I played the trumpet for 10 years don't you? Love a bit of brass. This has a nice old school funk feel to it. I'm thinking 1970's? Am I right? Sounds like the sort of tune you'd hear in a Tarantino film. Nice. 7/10.

8. CL Smooth & Pete Rock - Skinz

Back to hip hop. And good hip hop at that. It's not the sort of hip hop I listen to that much. Sounds pretty old school. Enjoyable though. Makes you want to rock slightly from side to side. Or get in a car with no roof and bounce up and down, in the sunshine, in Los Angeles. Anyway. What's next? 6/10.

9. Hedford Vachal - Toys

Up a notch on the tempo and a nice bass line to kick things off. There comes the vocals. This really reminds me of something. Not Hedford Vachal. Something else. It's that d-d-d-derr noise. Anyway. It's a cool tune. Shoreditch would love this shit. 7/10.

10. Teenage Bad Girl - Beel

We're going down a kind of electro route from what I can make out. Nice little blips and bleeps. Oooh there's the bass. Yes. Very nice bass. Another one for the Hoxton massive. You need to move to London. Clubs love this sort of stuff at the minute. I'm kind of a fan, until it all becomes a bit pretentious. I like this tune though, I want to hear more. 8/10.

11. Lali Puna - Left-handed

Lali Puna? Who the f**k is Lali Puna? Interesting tune. Originality is literally oozing out of this mix y'know Fez. And this tune is no exception. It doesn't grab me like some of the others but it's a sound I haven't really heard before. 6/10.

12. Boat Club - Memories

Sounds a bit like Underworld on a date with Stateless. Why am I thinking of Chris Martin? Arrggh! F**k off Martin. Anyway this is pretty cool although maybe just a tad wishy washy. It's actually now making me think of the bloody Pet Shop Boys. Hmm. 6/10.

13. Breakestra - Recognize

Aha! Breakestra are back. I seem to remember loving the previous tune. Same again. Love the percussion. Very funky. Nice guitars. The sort of band I'd like to play trumpet for. If I hadn't quit that is. Yeah i like these. 8/10.

14. Waldeck - Make my Day

So here we are. The last tune. And a woman vocalist. I love women who sing. Yes I liek this a lot. Sounds like raw, stripped down, soul. That's actually a pretty good explanation. Stripped down soul. Very, very good tune. Pushing to be favourite. Great wya to finish. 9/10.

-----

Overall a top compilation mate. Really f**king original. I'm writing this as that last tune continues to play and I'm liking it more and more. F**k I need to get myself some Waldeck. Is she married? Anyway yeah really enjoyed this, nice mix of challenging and accessible but always pushing and crossing the genre boundaries. Taste like yours is wasted in Northampton for f**k's sake! :P

8/10.

Archived