Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benji

Gareth Williams

He seems a really peronsal player for some reason

whether its getting used to playing for your ex clubs rival team or not i dunno

but like when he would make the runs through at goal etc at the end of it he'd stick his head down or something instead of having a go at the supplier (wilcox or stewart usually :rolleyes: ) like most people would

like when dublin got sent off u could see him in the distance argueing the decision with himself sort of thing istead of going up to the ref like dabizas (i prefer williams is way!)

still i thought he was a cracking player and for a defensive midfielder made some ace runs

p.s. this isnt in the west ham match thread as the main point of the thread is about him in general :)

Yeh would prefer him to shoot abit more. Seemed to have a good first half then seemed to drift out of the game abit second half. I reckon he is abit of a confidence player, when things r goin ok for him he has the confidence to play even better but when things are'nt going well for him he seems to drift out of the game. But have only seen him once this season so cant judge him yet

I was just amazed he was the only one wearing a long sleeved shirt in that weather :o

He wasn't the only one! I was wearing one too!

Not nice I can tell you. Who had the idea of making the long sleeved tops wrist strap bit soooooo tight that you can't pull the sleeves up?

Cheers Le Coq for making me hot!

he has a good 1st touch as wel, and good control of the ball. him and nalis were good offensively, and defensively. as i have alredy said, we will see the best form of williams when gudjohnson plays, joey is also good at free-kicks and corners i am lead to believe.

Guest Guest

I thought Williams was class on saturday and he hardly even got out of first gear. The heat must have been awful especially considering he had a tent on aswell, but you could see the class he has in his passing and movement. He links up well with Connolly and isn't afraid to get forward, impressed me more than Muzzy did in the way he is keen to get forward. Sound debut, I can see big things coming from this chap.

Archived